Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Is the Iraq War a success or failure?

Is that a serious question?

Posted by Drama Queen on 2007-02-22 03:26:47

Not really, the purpose was to get Bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein it was sucessful BUT NOW they should come home

Posted by S.O.A.D. on 2007-03-02 01:51:21

You call 60,000 dead innocent Iraqi civilians, many of whom were women and children, a success? You call at least 4,000 dead American soldiers a success? You call the increase in gas prices, which the war was very contributable to, a success? You call $90,000,000,000 a success?

Furthermore, Bush's main justification of going to war was "weapons of mass destruction"...where are they?

Posted by Brian Extra on 2007-07-28 05:18:28

It is difficult to answer without knowing the purpose of the war or who the question is being addressed to. Doubtless there are some who are very satisfied with what is happening. The death and destruction does the USA no credit at all.

Posted by totoro on 2007-11-13 19:59:24

Did I miss something? Uh..when did we get Osama Bin Laden. I'm sure he's nowhere near Iraq. It's speculated that he's in our wonderful ally Pakistan's mountainous region where no one seems to be very serious about capturing him. Maybe it helps the interests of the Bush crime family to keep him alive as a "Goldstein" figure so we can stay very afraid. I don't mean to make light of this. He definitely needs to be brought to justice. I just don't think that Bush is serious about it. On the first subject. It never ceases to amaze me how little people know about this war that we are involved in.