Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Is this wise to take away the name of God from our school teachings?

Did you know that . . .?

Posted by Rico Suave on 2008-05-13 15:29:43

The late Pope John Paul II endorsed evolutionary biology?

Posted by Rico Suave on 2008-05-13 15:42:33

One little known example of the good aspects of religious faith from European History is how the Roman Catholic church spoke up for the kind physical treatment of women by men even when such thoughts were unheard of.

Posted by BJake on 2008-05-15 22:58:27

One bad example - in the USA girls are not getting a vaccine which would prevent them from getting cervical cancer because it might encourage them to have sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perverted - YES!

Who's idea?

THE CHURCH

That's great isn't it? Condemn women to death because sex is a no no!

Morons!

Posted by Tralhob on 2008-05-22 16:47:40

Wow, Bjake, you've been flagged!!! Congrats. :D

To add to Rico's point in his first post, although I'm not sure what it was, the Big Bang theory was the brainchild of a Catholic priest, Georges LeMaitre (sp?).

Innaresting to note that up until 1964, the Big Bang (BB) theory was not the strong consensus among cosmologists; it was on roughly equal footing with Hoyle's Steady State (SS) theory. Many scientists (including Hoyle) derided BB because they saw it as 'religion in disguise;' because if there was a moment of creation, that left room for a creator. That plus the fact that a preist came up with it. Hoyle preferred a beginningless universe, hence SS. Not until the discovery of the CMBR (which BB predicted beforehand would exist) in 1964 was BB's acceptance sealed.

I dunno, I just find it innaresting that certain religious folk claim that BB is an attempt to do away with God, when it fact it makes much more room for a Creator and Creation than the theory it prevailed against, and when in fact the suspsicion of a religious agenda initially worked against BB.

Posted by GoodDogSD on 2008-05-24 04:43:15

Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church!