Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Teen boys: Are you afraid to complain about your circumcision?

Eh

Posted by Teiji666 on 2008-07-12 06:02:39

I'm circumcised, and I don't really like it, but complaining about it won't really do anything. What's done is done, and restorative procedures are either expensive or incredibly lengthy, and don't always work. There's no reason to talk with anyone about it because there's no point to. If I ever get a strong urge to devote the time and money into it, i'll do it in a couple years when I'm out on my own.

Posted by Bubbs on 2011-05-26 13:47:15

I found out about circumcision when I was 9 and it bugged me that somebody had made this decision for me without me getting a chance to decide. But a year later we started having swimming classes at school and I saw that all my friends and just about everybody else was circumcised. I decided it made me part of the club. I don't know how I feel about it now. I accept it I guess.

Posted by Dmtv on 2017-04-24 20:50:50

Restoration is expensive, doesn't always work, and in spite of the glowing reports you read about it online, the result may not be what you expect. Besides, everything still works, and literally millions of other guys got a baldy, and have no problem with it.

Posted by Dmtv on 2017-04-24 21:50:08

In reply to Bubbs:

It's natural to feel rather put out when you first find out that your parents had part of your p*n*s removed without consulting you. There are advantages to infant circumcision, however. If you were circ'ed at birth, most likely it healed in a few days without complications, did not require stitches, and you don't remember it. If you did opt for circumcision later, it could take up to a month to heal, would require stitches, probably be painful, or at least uncomfortable, and you would not only remember it, but the operation may be scheduled up to a month in advance giving you all that time to anticipate it, wonder what it would be like, and wonder if you made the right decision. Not only that, it would be a significant disruption to your life. If you wait until you're older to be snipped, you may find that even if you like the idea in principle, actually getting it done can be rather frightening, and expensive.

When you started swimming you found one advantage to being circumcised. Your parents probably knew this, and one reason they had you circumcised was so you would be like other boys. Uncircumcised boys can be teased mercilessly in a locker room full of circumcised boys. There are other reasons as well. One is, it makes you more attractive to girls. Your mother certainly knew this, because she is, after all, a girl. Parents have one chance to get you snipped that will be quick, easy, cheap and over and done with long before you remember anything. Like any other medical procedure there are advantages and disadvantages to this. One disadvantage is that you don't get to decide. BUT there are advantages, as you are finding out.

And, finally, please, don't pay any attention to all the anti-circ nonsense you read on the web. You have no way of knowing whether any of these people really mean it or if they're just internet trolls who want to make people mad. And, ask yourself this: Does anybody who wants to make you feel bad about yourself and your body really have your best interests in mind?