Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Biblical Accuracy

I missed 2 , but answered the others.

Posted by MESSENGER OF GOD on 2002-01-06 06:17:02

Here are a few of the Questions and Answer, that I found. I missed 2 but I still believe every word is accurate and true.

"What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; there is nothing new under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9 RSV)

Since creation nature and mankind has stayed the same, it doesn't change. Mankind will either be good or bad, but nthing changes, we don't get smarter or evolve, it all stays the same, true we might have technology but that doesn't make us smarter, we do the same things as of that time, just a little differently.

What should we believe?
"Believe all things" (1 Corinthians 13:7) "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. Answer: We must "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21)but we must "Believe all things" (1 Corinthians 13:7) That is written in the Bible and told to us from Jesus.

How many stalls did Solomon have for his horses?
4,000 (2 Chronicles 9:25) 40,000 (1 Kings 4:26) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. This could have been at different parts of his reign, Kings got richer over time, 40,000 could be at the height of his reign. I don't question the Bible but I try to study for the answer.

These verse say he is Just getting richer: 2 Chronicles 4:21 For the king's ships went to Tarshish with the servants of Huram: every three years once came the ships of Tarshish bringing gold, and silver, ivory, and apes, and pea$%!@s. 2 Chronicles 4:22 And king Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom. 2 Chronicles 4:23-28

These verse explain that all the days of his life together he owned 40,000 stalls: 1 Kings 4:25 And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beersheba, all the days of Solomon. 1 Kings 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen. 1 Kings 4:27 And those officers provided victual for king Solomon, and for all that came unto king Solomon's table, every man in his month: they lacked nothing. 1 Kings 4:28 Barley also and straw for the horses and dromedaries brought they unto the place where the officers were, every man according to his charge. 21 Kings 4:9 And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore. 1 Kings 4:30 And Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt.

How many baths did Solomon's house contain?
2,000 (2 Kings 24:8) 3,000 (2 Chronicles 4:5) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. 2 Kings 24 doesn't mention Baths2 2 Chronicles 4:5 Is not talking about Bath tubs, Baths at that time were 6 Gallons, 6 times 3000 was 18,000 Gallons. References: Chronicles 4:2-5 Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and five cubits the height thereof; and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about. And under it was the similitude of oxen, which did compass it round about: ten in a cubit, compassing the sea round about. Two rows of oxen were cast, when it was cast. And the thickness of it was an handbreadth, and the brim of it like the work of the brim of a cup, with flowers of lilies; and it received and held three thousand baths.

Should you answer a fool according to his folly?
Yes (Proverbs 26:5) No (Proverbs 26:4) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt.

I need to study more: How old was Jehoiachin when he began his reign in Jerusalem?
8 years old (2 Chronicles 36:9) 18 Years old (2 Kings 24:8) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. For one things 2 Chronicles 36:9 says Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD. 2 Kings 24:8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months.
And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem. 2 Kings 24:9 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD, according to all that his father had done.

Does God repent?
Yes (Numbers 23:19) No (Exodus 32:14) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? This verse is saying that he is not a man which we know, so GOD will not lie to us; Neither is he a child of a human, that he needs to repent: This last question is asking if He will not Become a child of a human and that he should repent, and then it asks will he not do it? These verse gives the answer: This verse is saying that GOD held back his threat he was going to send to his people. Exodus 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. The word repented in Greek naw-kham Means to breath strongly or to be sorry, why can't GOD be sorry for wanting to hurt his people. This verse is answering the last Question will he become Human: YES John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

How old was Ahaziah when he began his rule?
22 years old (2 Kings 8:26) 42 years old (2 Chronicles 22:2) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. 2 Kings 8:26 Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem one year. His mother was Athaliah, a granddaughter of King Omri of Israel. 2 Chronicles 22:2 Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem one year. His mother was Athaliah, a granddaughter of King Omri of Israel.

Answer: 22:2 As in some Greek manuscripts and Syriac version (see also 2 Kgs 8:26); Hebrew reads forty-two. Whatever age you want him to be:

Revelation 12:7 speaks of a war in Heaven. Do you still want to go to a place that has war after you die?
Yes No by tiffal_18@excite.com (tiff) on a message board. When we go to Heaven there will be no war. To get the whole understanding about the war you have to read on. Rev 12:7 Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, Rev 12:8 but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world--he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

It just talks about the Devil being thrown out of heaven.
There is no need to worry about a war in Heaven.

Which is true?
We must accept Jesus as our savior to be saved from Adam & Eve's "origional sin" Children shall not be punished for the sins of their fathers (Deuteronomy 32:4) I cant find this in Deuteronomy 32:4 The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. I can't remember were this verse is, but does it mean an actual Father and son. Adam was the start of all mankind but we are not punished because of them, we sin to so we get punished for our sins. But we can Repent: Leviticus 26:18 And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins. Job 13:23 How many are mine iniquities and sins? make me to know my transgression and my sin.

Which is true?
Salvation is obtained by faith alone (John 3:18, 36) Jesus' instruction to follow the Commandments for eternal life (Matthew 19:16-18) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Answer: 1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Which is true?
No man can see God's face and live (Exodus 33:19 ) A man saw God's face and his life was preserved (Genesis 32:30) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. These people were not allowed to see his face, why? Exodus 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Answer: When Moses came down from the Mountain all the people were worshipping other GODs, so no one was allowed to see GOD's Face. Exodus 34:13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves: Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Which is true?
"Covet earnestly the best gifts" (1 Corinthians 12:31) "Thou shalt not covet" (Romans 13:9) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. "Covet earnestly the best gifts" (1 Corinthians 12:31) This word covet here in Greek means seek, the word is Zeleuo. In this verse The word covet is different: "Thou shalt not covet" (Romans 13:9) The word covet here is epithumia meaning forbidden or to lust after.

How long was the flood?
40 days (Genesis 7:17) 150 days (Genesis 8:3) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. 40 days (Genesis 7:17) This is saying in seven days I will cause it to rain for forty days and forty nights. Genesis 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; It was still raining in this verse, the water was still going up: Genesis 7:17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth. After it covered all the mountains were covered: Genesis 7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. After five months the water was going down: Genesis 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days. The ark rested after the seventh month: Genesis 7:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. The waters decreased more until the tenth month: Genesis 7:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

After a full year the month of Nisan the 1st the ground could be seen when he removed the covering from the ark: Genesis 7:13 And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry. In the month of IYAR the 27 The whole earth was dried: Genesis 7:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried.

Which is true?
"Judge not, that ye be not judged" (Matthew 7:1) "In righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor" (Leviticus 19:15) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt.

This verse along with verse 2 is saying not to judge, then it goes on to say with what judgement you judge you will be judged with. Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

This verse is saying do not use unrightiousness in judging but use rightiousness judgement, we can use the scripture to judge things, but we cannot use our own judgement in judge things. Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

What were the last words of Jesus?
"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46) "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit" (Luke 23:46) "It is finished" (John 19:30)

The contradiction brings all three answers into doubt. It all goes in a certain order these were heard and written by different people, but it's not hard to see what order it goes in, you have to go by verses surrounding them to: Luke 23:34 Father forgive them Luke 23:43 Today you will be with me in paradise John 19:26-27 Woman, behold your son! behold your mother! Matthew 27:46 My GOD, my GOD why have you forsaken me John 19:28 I thirst John 19:30 It is finished Luke 23:46

Father, into your hand I commend my spirit

In Genesis 19:7-8, Lot refuses to give his angels to the perverted mob, and offers his two "virgin daughters" instead. Later, in Genesis 19:30-36, Lot's daughters intentionally get him drunk, have sex with him, and bear him sons. Is a book containing these stories something you wish to use to teach morality to children?
Yes No These girls wanted there family name to continue, but there mother died so they couldn't have a brother to continue the family name. So they decided to get their father drunk, Lot should have known better to get drunk anyway, all through the Bible GOD commands his people not to drink but Lot didn't listen to his commands. This should be used as an example not to drink any intoxicating beverages. Children only need to know about Jesus anyway, while they are young.

Which statements are true?
Bats are a species of bird (Leviticus 11:13,19) Hares chew the cud (Leviticus 11:5-6) Some fowl have four legs (Leviticus 11:20-21) Some insects have four legs (Leviticus 22-23) None of the above I didn't really understand this one.

Bats are a species of bird: True Leviticus 11:13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray, Leviticus 11:19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

Hares chew the cud: True Leviticus 11:5 And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. Leviticus 11:6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

Some fowl have four legs: True Leviticus 11:20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you. Leviticus 11:21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;

Some insects have four legs (Leviticus 22-23) Cannot find this one but true.

I need to study this more.

The text states that there are 29 cities listed in Joshua 15:21-32. Count them individually and you'll find 36. Which is true?
29 cities 36 cities The contradiction brings both answers into doubt.

Moses wrote the first five books in the Bible (the Pentateuch), yet his own death and burial are described in the fifth book, Deuteronomy 34:5-6. Is this possible?
Yes No

Yes, this book of Deuteronomy was about Moses' life Somebody finished it, but it was about moses' death and it finished off in that book, and Joshua came into the picture.

After taking this poll, how do you feel about the accuracy of the Bible?
I still believe every word is accurate and true. Quotes are out of context (provide comments with proper contextual references) The Bible was never meant to be taken literally. The Bible is a grand fiction written and used to deceive and control the masses. These are some valid inconsistencies which I shall seriously consider.

I still believe every word is accurate and true.

Posted by Patrick on 2002-01-07 02:56:01

Thank you for taking the time to research my poll questions. I am very impressed with your knowledge and willingness to research these things yourself rather than simply defer to someone else. I am also grateful for your pointing out errors in my poll. I will make every effort to correct them as soon as possible. However, there are still some inconsistencies which I would like to point out in your arguments.

First, as for there being “nothing new under the sun”, you state that “we do the same things as of that time, just a little differently.” Isn’t doing something even “a little differently” doing it in a way that is new? Destroying a city using an atomic bomb is a much newer method than anything existing in the era the Bible was written.

The scripture does not say “Prove all things except that which is written in the Bible and told to us from Jesus.” It says to simply search for facts on your own, and “hold fast to that which is good.”

Okay, it makes sense to me that as Solomon gained wealth, the number of horse stalls he had would increase over time. That is a valid explanation.

You say the “war” in heaven was the Devil being thrown out. That means at one time violent conflict driven by divisiveness and intolerance did in fact occur in heaven. And all this took place within the 4,000 or so years Christians believe the universe has existed. Considering that heaven is eternal, how can we be sure that in the infinite future nothing like this will happen again? Faith? Upon what evidence are we to base such faith?

Do we need to be saved from Adam’s sin? Every devout Christian tells me that we do, as Adam was our ancient forefather. But Deuteronomy 24:16 (not 32:4, my error) clearly states that “The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.” Seems to me we aren’t to be held responsible for anyone’s sins but our own.

Do we covet or not? If “covet” really means to “seek”, why didn’t the Bible just say “seek”? If the Bible is accurate and true in itself, why do we need interpretations based upon other languages?

Do we judge others or not? So we can disregard the “Judge not, that ye be not judged” as long as we pass judgement based upon the scriptures?

Jesus spoke only one last phrase, not three. According to your research, the last thing Jesus said was “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” You must admit then that John 19:30 and Matthew 27:46 are not accurate and true accounts of Jesus’ final words.

So Genesis 19:30-36 teaches that incest is okay if it is the only way to continue the family name? If a daughter doesn’t have a brother, she can then expect her father to have sex with her until she bears a son. I see. What a truly wonderful place the world would be if it were ruled by Christian morality!

Please, please, PLEASE name for me an insect or bird with four legs! Send me a link with a photo of such a creature. Hares are not ruminants. They do not have more than one stomach, and so have no need to chew cud. Also, please show me how a bat can possibly be classified as an avian?

Who was the “somebody” who finished Deuteronomy after Moses died? What kind of credentials does he/she have to verify their credibility?

While you did an admirable job defending some scriptures, you have not met my challenge and explained every inconsistency.

Posted by MESSENGER OF GOD on 2002-01-14 06:26:05

========== In Reply To ========== Thank you for taking the time to research my poll questions. I am very impressed with your knowledge and willingness to research these things yourself rather than simply defer to someone else. I am also grateful for your pointing out errors in my poll. I will make every effort to correct them as soon as possible. However, there are still some inconsistencies which I would like to point out in your arguments.

First, as for there being “nothing new under the sun”, you state that “we do the same things as of that time, just a little differently.” Isn’t doing something even “a little differently” doing it in a way that is new? Destroying a city using an atomic bomb is a much newer method than anything existing in the era the Bible was written.

I don't really think this is talking about techology, only about nature and mankind and how they deal with situations in life. At this time and before there wasn't really anything new anyway.

"What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; there is nothing new under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9 RSV)

What should we believe? "Believe all things" (1 Corinthians 13:7) "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt.

The scripture does not say “Prove all things except that which is written in the Bible and told to us from Jesus.” It says to simply search for facts on your own, and “hold fast to that which is good.”

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Ecclesiastes 1:13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

Ecclesiastes 7:25 I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness:

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

Okay, it makes sense to me that as Solomon gained wealth, the number of horse stalls he had would increase over time. That is a valid explanation.

Revelation 12:7 speaks of a war in Heaven. Do you still want to go to a place that has war after you die? Yes No

You say the “war” in heaven was the Devil being thrown out. That means at one time violent conflict driven by divisiveness and intolerance did in fact occur in heaven. And all this took place within the 4,000 or so years Christians believe the universe has existed. Considering that heaven is eternal, how can we be sure that in the infinite future nothing like this will happen again? Faith? Upon what evidence are we to base such faith?

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and $%!@mongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Micah 4:3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Which is true? We must accept Jesus as our savior to be saved from Adam & Eve's "origional sin" Children shall not be punished for the sins of their fathers (Deuteronomy 32:4) I cant find this in Deuteronomy 32:4 The contradiction brings both answers into doubt.

Do we need to be saved from Adam’s sin? Every devout Christian tells me that we do, as Adam was our ancient forefather. But Deuteronomy 24:16 (not 32:4, my error) clearly states that “The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.” Seems to me we aren’t to be held responsible for anyone’s sins but our own.

This curse on the earth was only punishment for them, because they were use to the freedom of hard labor for both of them. For us it's not a punishment, we grow up in it and we live with it.
Genesis 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Sin keeps caused the Earth to deteriorate and slow down. But we will receive New bodies and peace in heaven. Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Everyones sin bring forth death, when is is given birth to and fed and then grows. James 1:15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

GOD has foreknowledge and with that foreknowledge he gave us free will and a promised adoption for those who believe and trust him and his words. Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Which is true? "Covet earnestly the best gifts" (1 Corinthians 12:31) "Thou shalt not covet" (Romans 13:9) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. Do we covet or not? If “covet” really means to “seek”, why didn’t the Bible just say “seek”? If the Bible is accurate and true in itself, why do we need interpretations based upon other languages?

"Covet earnestly the best gifts" (1 Corinthians 12:31) This word covet here in Greek means seek, the word is Zeleuo. In this verse The word covet is different: "Thou shalt not covet" (Romans 13:9) The word covet here is epithumia meaning forbidden or to lust after.

The words were translated the best way they could be to our words, but the definitions were not put in with the scriptures, we should use the definitions of the words in the original language, it is very closely the same, a few words might have 1 or more definitions than our words, or a totally different one.

It would help the poeple of GOD to seek or choose the best gifts, so they could add to the kingdom of the GOD. This verse has to do with choosing the best gifts, not wanting something your neighbors owns.

1 Corinthians 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Ecclesiastes 1:13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.

Which is true? "Judge not, that ye be not judged" (Matthew 7:1) "In righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor" (Leviticus 19:15) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt.

Do we judge others or not? So we can disregard the “Judge not, that ye be not judged” as long as we pass judgement based upon the scriptures?

No we do not Judge others, GOD already has through his scriptures and foreknowledge, he knows who will be in the kingdom of GOD and who will not be. He gives us the free will to follow Him or Satan, the bible tells us how to live a Christian life by loving others. Those who do not follow GOD or the Bible, does not have to be judged by us, we don't know what people are thinking or know their heart, GOD does know their heart, and the reasons why they do those things. Sin is not allowed in Heaven. Only his Children can enter Heaven, it is possible to live your life by the scriptures, if you sin, you can improve, if you master your sin and it doesn't become a habit, but you must not let the sin control you. That way you explain to someone who is a christian that they are doing wrong, you won't be in trouble by GOD for your sin.

In Chapter 1 Paul is having it out with the Corinthians for respecting the traits of human wisdom. Verse 2:15 means that mature believers in Christ are able to sift, scrutinize and understand things. In Chapter 3 Paul says that the Corinthians are not mature belivers. Chapter 4 is a "therefore" chapter in which Paul indicates that because of their immaturity, the Corinthians should not judge the matter of dispute concerning his apostleship and authority. If our critic would bother to understand the social situation behind 1 Corinthians, he would realize that there is no contradiction at all (Holding).

Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Matthew 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Matthew 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Jesus spoke only one last phrase, not three. According to your research, the last thing Jesus said was “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” You must admit then that John 19:30 and Matthew 27:46 are not accurate and true accounts of Jesus’ final words.

None of these passages contradict each other, in fact, they are all complimentary to each other. A simple explanation is that the phrases are all true. Below is an example of the possible order of events

This is what these verse are saying, they were heard by 4 different disciples and at different times and they were most likely standing at a different distance from the cross. Matthew 27:46, 50 ; Luke 23:46; Mark 15:37; John 19:30 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice. And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, and he bowed his head and he he gave up the ghost.

It was in this way that Jesus gave up his spirit. He didn’t quit, or give in, he gave his spirit to the Father through a prayer, with his head bowed.

Some verse of the different books did not have certains words or verse that the other had. No writer is ever going to have the same descriptions that others have seen from a different view.

References: Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. Mark 15:37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

In Genesis 19:7-8, Lot refuses to give his angels to the perverted mob, and offers his two "virgin daughters" instead. Later, in Genesis 19:30-36, Lot's daughters intentionally get him drunk, have sex with him, and bear him sons. Is a book containing these stories something you wish to use to teach morality to children? Yes No So Genesis 19:30-36 teaches that incest is okay if it is the only way to continue the family name? If a daughter doesn’t have a brother, she can then expect her father to have sex with her until she bears a son. I see. What a truly wonderful place the world would be if it were ruled by Christian morality!

This could be used as an example not to drink any intoxicating beverages.
Children only need to know about Jesus, while they are young, that way when they get old enough to study, they can find out the truth for themselves and make a decision.

My answer: Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.)

They were mostly likely young and didn't know how to deal with their mothers death, this is not supporting incest at all, at this time the people of earth may have been still multiplying on the earth from the flood. It wasn't a sin back then because the law wasn't given yet. Lot probably felt like getting drunk too, because of the death of his wife, he was probably already was drinking a little since her death. Since immediate family back then was not opposed to to marrying close family, then they would not have known any better. The Bible says we are all descendants of Adam and Eve.

Actually if you don't marry your relation you don't marry a human. GOD only condemmed close sexual relations and marriage because of deformity and other health reasons.

1 Timothy 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 1:25; -2:23 This says all of mankind came from Adam and Eve, GOD created Man, Man was alone, so GOD created a woman from his ribs. Genesis 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; Genesis 2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. Genesis 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

There was only one man and one woman, the woman sinned. Genesis 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Which statements are true? Bats are a species of bird (Leviticus 11:13,19) Hares chew the cud (Leviticus 11:5-6) Some fowl have four legs (Leviticus 11:20-21) Some insects have four legs (Leviticus 22-23) None of the above Please, please, PLEASE name for me an insect or bird with four legs! Send me a link with a photo of such a creature.

I seperated these answers into their own categories down the list.

Your right, Insects do not have four feet. But please read.

Legs above their feet, and leap up upon the earth, or in english fly, with these extra legs. Leviticus 11:21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth; Leviticus 11:22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind. Leviticus 11:23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

Example: PLEASE READ The big back legs on the locust, etc. were not counted as "legs" in the same sense as the other legs! . Well, let’s use an illustration from our popular literature. If you haven’t read George Orwell’s Animal Farm, or seen the movie, go do so now.

Ready? Okay, remember the part where Snowball the pig invented the slogan, "Four legs good, two legs bad" so as to exclude humans from Animal Farm society? Remember how the geese and other fowl objected, because they had only two legs? Snowball explained (more clearly in the book than in the movie) that in animal terms, the birds’ wings counted as legs because they were limbs of propulsion, not manipulation, as a human’s arms and hands were.

Similarly, the Hebrews regarded the two large, hopping hindlimbs of the locust and the other insects of the same type, which are the only types of insects mentioned here (we now translate "beetle" as "cricket"), as something different than the other four limbs - perhaps because they were used primarily for vertical propulsion, whereas the other limbs were for scurrying around. Indeed, if we read carefully, this is implied by what is said in 11:21.

Hares are not ruminants. They do not have more than one stomach, and so have no need to chew cud.

Leviticus 11:6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. ‘Gerah’, the term which appears in the MT means (chewed) cud, and also perhaps grain, or berry (also a 20th of a shekel, but I think that we can agree that that is irrelevant here). It does not mean dung, and there is a perfectly adequate Hebrew word for that, which could have been used. Furthermore, the phrase translated ‘chew the cud’ in the KJV is more exactly ‘bring up the cud’. Rabbits do not bring up anything; they let it go all the way through, then eat it again. It is partially correct to say that the phrase translated ’chew the cud’ in the KJV is more exactly ’bring up the cud’. (The full phrase is “maketh the cud to come up.”) By leaving it at that, he apparently wishes for us to believe that “bring up” means, in an exclusive sense, regurgitation. Whoooooa, horsey. Back up. Let’s check those hooves for Hebrew words! The word here is ’alah, and it is found in some grammatical form on literally (well, almost literally) every page of the OT! This is because it is a word that encompasses many concepts other than “bring up.” It also can mean ascend up, carry up, cast up, fetch up, get up, recover, restore, take up, and much more. It is a catch-all verb form describing the moving of something to another place. (“maketh the gehrah to ’alah”) The Hebrew word is question is NOT specific to the process of regurgitation; it is a phrase of general movement. And related to the specific issue at hand, the rabbit is an animal that does “maketh” the previously digested material to “come up” out of the body (though in a different way than a ruminant does - with rabbits, it comes all the way through; but again, the word is not specific for regurgitation!) and does thereafter does chew “predigested material”! The mistake is in our applying of the scientific terms of rumination to something that does not require it.

Also, please show me how a bat can possibly be classified as an avian?

Leviticus 11:13-19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat. Deuteronomy 14:11-18 And the stork, and the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

eth·no·cen·trism n. Belief in the superiority of one’s own ethnic group and/or the beliefs, standards and norms thereof.

The passages agree with each other, thus they do not contradict. The argument is that these passages differ from scientific knowledge. That reasoning is faulty and based on a foundation of ethnocentricism. According to western science’s definition, the bat is in the “Mammalia” catagory becuase it fits the definition of a “warm-blooded, air-breathing class of vertebrate (backboned) animal.”

This has no bearing on whether the animal fits within the boundaries of the old Hebrew classification translated “bird.” Animals are not born with name-tags. This leaves it up to man to decide how he wants to classify it. Its been this way from the beginning when Adam, the Bible says, named the animals.

It is quite possible that Adam, a man, did not have the foresight that the meaning of the word bird would change throughout time. In 1445 B.C. for the book of Leviticus, and even later in 1405 when the book of Deuteronomy was written, the meaning of the word bird included bats. It is only very recently, (comparatively), that man has changed the definition.

Who was the “somebody” who finished Deuteronomy after Moses died? What kind of credentials does he/she have to verify their credibility?

Moses laid hands on Joshua, either Joshua or Someone else who new moses told about his death, Moses told what GOD wanted, somebody else told about his death. Deuteronomy 34:7 And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated. Deuteronomy 34:8 And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days: so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended. Deuteronomy 34:9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses. Deuteronomy 34:10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face, Deuteronomy 34:11 In all the signs and the wonders, which the LORD sent him to do in the land of Egypt to Pharaoh, and to all his servants, and to all his land, Deuteronomy 34:12 And in all that mighty hand, and in all the great terror which Moses shewed in the sight of all Israel.

Should you answer a fool according to his folly? Yes (Proverbs 26:5) No (Proverbs 26:4) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt.

Do you answer a fool according to his folly or not? Well, lets look to what Proverbs says, maybe we’ll find an easy answer...

Ouch! No easy answer here! This book of Proverbs is a collection of wise sayings of King Solomon and other wise men. (These are not absolutes, as is clearly demonstrated here.) There is wisdom in both sayings, although it is not as simplistic as we might like it to be. Rather than seeing this as a blatant contradiction, we must understand that these sayings were strategically placed next to each other to show a point.

The answer to the question, “Do you answer a fool...” is not a simple answer. Some people need to be responded to in the midst of their foolishness, and they will learn. Others will just become even more foolish by rejecting knowledge, and make a fool out of you as well. Here are just presented the two sides of the issue. Answer a fool... and you may become like him... on the other hand, don’t answer and he will become conceited in his foolishness.

What these proverbs seem to be saying is that we need to look at the situation and weigh the wisdom on both hands that has been shown to us here. Then we will know how to respond in a specific situation.

The Bible is not the only source of contradictory proverbs; we live with them every day. “Out of sight, out of mind.” and “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” Both true, both wise/observant sayings.

Which is true? No man can see God's face and live (Exodus 33:19 ) A man saw God's face and his life was preserved (Genesis 32:30) The contradiction brings both answers into doubt. Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. These people were not allowed to see his face, why? Exodus 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Answer: When Moses came down from the Mountain all the people were worshipping other GODs, so no one was allowed to see GOD's Face. Exodus 34:13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves: Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

God’s face cannot be seen. Exodus 33:23 says that a person, in this case Moses, may see his backside, but still not his face. The clue in Exodus 33:11 that Moses does not actually see God’s face is the use of "as" (as a man speaketh to his friend) indicating that it is a metaphorical phrase, not literal.

There are a few portions of scriptures which speak of prophets seeing God, but this is always in a vision, see not with human eyes, but in the spirit.

While you did an admirable job defending some scriptures, you have not met my challenge and explained every inconsistency.

After taking this poll, how do you feel about the accuracy of the Bible? I still believe every word is accurate and true. Quotes are out of context (provide comments with proper contextual references) The Bible was never meant to be taken literally. The Bible is a grand fiction written and used to deceive and control the masses. These are some valid inconsistencies which I shall seriously consider.

I still believe every word is accurate and true.

Posted by MESSENGER OF GOD on 2002-01-14 06:27:25

I redid those and explained them better please read them.

Posted by david19008 on 2006-10-11 00:00:24

read the bible

all you athiests, can you please stop taking verses out of context, read the bible first and then we can have this discussion!