Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Survey on Abortion

No one thinks about the baby

Posted by Justin on 2001-12-21 22:46:36

This is a sad issue. No one thinks about the baby-it didn't ask to be in such a horrid situation. The baby has a right to live, no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT.
And think about this: If a woman was raped, I can see how they would want an abortion. But they fail to think about the baby... it didn't ask for it's father to be a rapist. It shouldn't pay for that decision.
Abortion can harm our future. Even if the baby is born with a fatal std, having an abortion is still in my view, a dumb choice. Think of it like this: A man and a women are married. The guy cheats on his wife, gets and STD and doesn't know it. He has sex with his wife, and his wife is pregnant, but the baby is born with a fatal std. Had an abortion been given the baby would feel no pain, but listen here: Let's say the town discovers the husband cheated on his wife. They saw the result of the baby; it died. So the town decides cheating has killed that baby, and they will remain faithful forever. A highly possible situation. Now listen here: If an abortion WAS given, no one would have found out the husband was a scandel. No one would have known how cheating killed a baby. Hence, the town, due to that abortion, would be more likely to have cheating S.O.B.'s. NOT GOOD! Even though the baby did not have any pain, it served no purpose in the cosmic order [a.k.a. God's Will], cuz it was discarded life trash. Had it been born, it would have effected the town FOR THE BETTER! And I'm almost certain of that. The above, however, does NOT give a good excuse for anti-abortion involving if the baby is born, the mother may be harmed. Yet, recent surveys have concluded-- with our current technology, there have NEVER been any such cases[baby being born harms mother] in a long while. DOn't believe me? Look it up; it shouldn't be hard to find. However, should a case of such occur, then I feel the woman should have the right to decide. I do not feel it is right for a mother to have to die because of a baby. So my point is- let the baby live UNLESS it will harm the mother. Even if it is not adopted, the child may be of great value to the world. So please, those considering abortion, PLEASE think about the baby, and not just yourself. I know having a baby MUST BE VERRY PAINFUL! [I am a male] But the baby may impact the world wonderfully.

Posted by Justin on 2001-12-21 22:48:37

Oh, and incest. If the baby is born a retarded [sorry if u r offended], it may also affect the world greatly. Others may see it that if the parents had not committed incest, the baby would be normal possible. Hence, the people will not like incest, which is a very good thing to not like. ========== In Reply To ========== This is a sad issue. No one thinks about the baby-it didn't ask to be in such a horrid situation. The baby has a right to live, no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT.
And think about this: If a woman was raped, I can see how they would want an abortion. But they fail to think about the baby... it didn't ask for it's father to be a rapist. It shouldn't pay for that decision.
Abortion can harm our future. Even if the baby is born with a fatal std, having an abortion is still in my view, a dumb choice. Think of it like this: A man and a women are married. The guy cheats on his wife, gets and STD and doesn't know it. He has sex with his wife, and his wife is pregnant, but the baby is born with a fatal std. Had an abortion been given the baby would feel no pain, but listen here: Let's say the town discovers the husband cheated on his wife. They saw the result of the baby; it died. So the town decides cheating has killed that baby, and they will remain faithful forever. A highly possible situation. Now listen here: If an abortion WAS given, no one would have found out the husband was a scandel. No one would have known how cheating killed a baby. Hence, the town, due to that abortion, would be more likely to have cheating S.O.B.'s. NOT GOOD! Even though the baby did not have any pain, it served no purpose in the cosmic order [a.k.a. God's Will], cuz it was discarded life trash. Had it been born, it would have effected the town FOR THE BETTER! And I'm almost certain of that. The above, however, does NOT give a good excuse for anti-abortion involving if the baby is born, the mother may be harmed. Yet, recent surveys have concluded-- with our current technology, there have NEVER been any such cases[baby being born harms mother] in a long while. DOn't believe me? Look it up; it shouldn't be hard to find. However, should a case of such occur, then I feel the woman should have the right to decide. I do not feel it is right for a mother to have to die because of a baby. So my point is- let the baby live UNLESS it will harm the mother. Even if it is not adopted, the child may be of great value to the world. So please, those considering abortion, PLEASE think about the baby, and not just yourself. I know having a baby MUST BE VERRY PAINFUL! [I am a male] But the baby may impact the world wonderfully.

Posted by Ainslie on 2001-12-29 15:12:38

Some of these are rather far-fetched scenarios, but, alright, working with it. The woman is raped. She now has a child that looks exactly like it's rapist father. Even so, that child will share some features with its father. And it will always remind her of her rapist. So, here, she was forced to have sex, so she's traumatized anyway. Then she thinks she's pregnant with this scumbag's baby. (sorry if I seem overly emotional, but this is something that actually happened to me.) She doesn't want to have a baby. She wasn't ready for a baby. You can't even say she could have prevented getting pregnant, as with consensual sex. So now, she has this unwanted baby that reminds her constantly of a traumatic event. Personally, I think I'd rather be dead than have to live in a situation like that. The best thing for all involved would be an abortion. Second point about rape. Normal men don't go around raping women. That means that rapists have at least one personality flaw (to use the kindest word I can thing of). What if that's genetic. So now, she has this baby she doesn't want that reminds her of the man who raped her, and there's a possibility this child will grow up to be a rapist. Each of these facts alone (especially the last one) is plenty to warrant an abortion. OK, STD's. Why should you put a baby through that. Not to mentuion the fact that a baby can't get an STD ubnless the mother has it. So, if she has a fatal STD, is she really going to have the energy to take care of a baby? And about cheating. Perhaps your concept of a town is different from mine, but in my town, people really aren't up in everyone else's business. If a man's cheating on his wife, no one's going to know but the closest family friends, and perhaps not even them. And no one outside family and close friends is really going to care. So, in that situation, abortion is probably the responsible thing to do. Don't bring a baby into the world that you can't take care of.

Adoption is not as good a solution as most tend to think. First of all, if you want to put your baby up for adoption, you have to bring it to term, so it doesn't work for women who need to hide their pregnancy. That means it won't work for teenagers. Or anyone still dependent on their parents. Also, if you're putting the child up for adoption, you are required to pay all the costs of prenatal care and giving birth. Many women don't have that kind of money. So, getting an abortion is more cost-efficient, and more convenient, as well as more responsible. And finally, suppose abortion is outlawed. People will still get them, although instead of going to a prefessional and getting the procedure done correctly, they'll be forced to go to some back-alley butcher and will most likely die from incorrect procedure or dirty instruments. That's a horrible, painful death that no one deserves. Not to mention, what are we going to do with all the unwanted children? No, I think abortion should be legal and available to all who want or need it. I think it's absolutely ludicrous that this is even an issue in country that claims to be free. To make abortion illegal is to dehumanize every woman in the country, and I for one, would fight it.

Posted by Justin on 2001-12-31 04:31:31

You failed to answer one thing. The baby has a right to live. In those situations, most of them, you still didn't think about the baby. If it does have an STD, it might live long enough to find the rapist [assuming the father was one], otherwise, if it died, there's a chance you won't find the bastard. [2 ppl searching is better than one]

So what if the baby reminds you of the rapist? I know that's not a good thing, but would killing the baby, or denying it IT'S RIGHT TO LIVE help you at all? I believe those who commit abortion are similiar to murderers. Murderers CHOSE who will live. THOSE WHO COMMIT ABORTION DO THE SAME. Murderers deny the victim of their right to enjoy life. Abortion committers do the SAME.
There's only one way that I can think of that I will approve of abortion--if you ask the baby if it wants to live. If it doesn't, go ahead and kill it. But THAT is a farfetched idea, not what I posted. Though those events are rare indeed, there's still a chance. ANother thing. You've seen those LifeTime movies about kids who were born with STD's who die young. [Many are true stories] The parents enjoy the little time spent with them, and when the baby dies, they are sad, but then they realize what's important in life. Love. Thought the love was short, they often get it back quick. Killing the baby before it exited the womb, they never would have found out the true meaning. Continue on with your pro-abortion stuff. If you ever decide to have an abortion, I pray you reconsider, and think about the baby. Don't be a coward. Be a MOTHER, and give that baby a fighting chance to enjoy life. Whether the only thing the baby enjoys is cuddling in it's mothers arms, feeding off her milk, or getting the attention it demands, shouldn't matter. At least the baby would know love. At least... it would know... even just a little bit.
========== In Reply To ========== Some of these are rather far-fetched scenarios, but, alright, working with it. The woman is raped. She now has a child that looks exactly like it's rapist father. Even so, that child will share some features with its father. And it will always remind her of her rapist. So, here, she was forced to have sex, so she's traumatized anyway. Then she thinks she's pregnant with this scumbag's baby. (sorry if I seem overly emotional, but this is something that actually happened to me.) She doesn't want to have a baby. She wasn't ready for a baby. You can't even say she could have prevented getting pregnant, as with consensual sex. So now, she has this unwanted baby that reminds her constantly of a traumatic event. Personally, I think I'd rather be dead than have to live in a situation like that. The best thing for all involved would be an abortion. Second point about rape. Normal men don't go around raping women. That means that rapists have at least one personality flaw (to use the kindest word I can thing of). What if that's genetic. So now, she has this baby she doesn't want that reminds her of the man who raped her, and there's a possibility this child will grow up to be a rapist. Each of these facts alone (especially the last one) is plenty to warrant an abortion. OK, STD's. Why should you put a baby through that. Not to mentuion the fact that a baby can't get an STD ubnless the mother has it. So, if she has a fatal STD, is she really going to have the energy to take care of a baby? And about cheating. Perhaps your concept of a town is different from mine, but in my town, people really aren't up in everyone else's business. If a man's cheating on his wife, no one's going to know but the closest family friends, and perhaps not even them. And no one outside family and close friends is really going to care. So, in that situation, abortion is probably the responsible thing to do. Don't bring a baby into the world that you can't take care of.

Adoption is not as good a solution as most tend to think. First of all, if you want to put your baby up for adoption, you have to bring it to term, so it doesn't work for women who need to hide their pregnancy. That means it won't work for teenagers. Or anyone still dependent on their parents. Also, if you're putting the child up for adoption, you are required to pay all the costs of prenatal care and giving birth. Many women don't have that kind of money. So, getting an abortion is more cost-efficient, and more convenient, as well as more responsible. And finally, suppose abortion is outlawed. People will still get them, although instead of going to a prefessional and getting the procedure done correctly, they'll be forced to go to some back-alley butcher and will most likely die from incorrect procedure or dirty instruments. That's a horrible, painful death that no one deserves. Not to mention, what are we going to do with all the unwanted children? No, I think abortion should be legal and available to all who want or need it. I think it's absolutely ludicrous that this is even an issue in country that claims to be free. To make abortion illegal is to dehumanize every woman in the country, and I for one, would fight it.

Posted by Ainslie on 2002-01-03 13:08:53

Sorry, I just can't get all excited about rights for a fetus. Once it can live on its own, then, and only then, does it have rights. Until then, it is a part of its mother. She eats for it. She breathes for it. It is totally and completely a part of her. I have no place to make a life-altering choice for someone else. Everyone has to live their own life and make their own decisions. And we have no place taking that choice away from anyone. That means that every woman should have the right to decide whether or not, and when, she wants to have a child. Unfortunately, with rape rates and this country's ideas that women are nothing more than sex objects anyway, women don't always have the option for preventative measures. Approximately 90% of rapes go unreported. The prospect of rape aside, everyone has a right to decide when they want to have children. This isn't even an issue for men. If they don't want the child, they can just leave. Women deserve that same luxury. There's no reason for a woman to be stuck with an unwanted child. If she doesn't want to have the baby, she shouldn't have to. It's as simple as that. It's not a matter of whether or not you are pro-choice or pro-life. It's a matter of whether or not you are pro-choice or anti-choice. Pro-rights or anti-rights. Do you believe people should have say over their own bodies? Do you believe people should be allowed to live their lives without the government telling them when they must procreate? Do you believe women should have rights? Making abortion illegal will dehumanize every woman on this planet. And I would hope that every woman on this planet would band together to fight it.