Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Survey on Abortion

i just want to say....

Posted by kat on 2002-02-06 17:20:42

i just want to say that if i was raped and got pregnant i would have the baby because i look at it as something good, a baby, coming out of something bad, rape. i don't know if i would keep the baby or give it up for adoption, but i would never consider aborting it.

Posted by Justin on 2002-02-06 18:56:16

I agree, though I doubt I'll be raped and have a baby as a result; my name clearly points out I'm male. I see children as a blessing. Apparently, other people see children as curses and mindless fetus's, not even human, which isn't true.

========== In Reply To ========== i just want to say that if i was raped and got pregnant i would have the baby because i look at it as something good, a baby, coming out of something bad, rape. i don't know if i would keep the baby or give it up for adoption, but i would never consider aborting it.

Posted by Ainslie on 2002-02-08 19:35:10

Not a curse. I see children as a blessing, too. But I also having a child as a completely life-a;ltering event. And if you're not ready and are not in a situation where you can put the baby up for adoption, getting an abortion is more responsible. I also see that women will get them regardless of whether they are legal or not. I see no reason to force desperate women into going to a back alleyt doctor who will just end up killing them, too. I also see that it is every person on this earth's right to dictate what happens to their own body, not the government's. Meaning that if a woman doesn't want to have a baby, abortion should be an option.

========== In Reply To ========== I agree, though I doubt I'll be raped and have a baby as a result; my name clearly points out I'm male. I see children as a blessing. Apparently, other people see children as curses and mindless fetus's, not even human, which isn't true.

Posted by Justin on 2002-02-09 00:40:59

Yes, women will have abortion no matter what the government says. But does that mean that it is right? I mean, people are going to murder anyway, so should we just legalize murder? Of course a child is a life altering event. How can it not be? When most people have a child, their life and personality takes an amazing twist, usually for the better. Unfortunatly, this is not always true. Yes, mistakes will be made no matter what. It is your opinion that if a woman doesn't want to give birth, she has the right to end the fetus' life. It certainly isn't mine. If you destroy a fetus, a life is prevented. Therefore, the would be child was killed. So, I don't think a fetus should be killed without its consent. If any of you get its permission, please tell me. I've never seen a talking fetus before. ========== In Reply To ========== Not a curse. I see children as a blessing, too. But I also having a child as a completely life-a;ltering event. And if you're not ready and are not in a situation where you can put the baby up for adoption, getting an abortion is more responsible. I also see that women will get them regardless of whether they are legal or not. I see no reason to force desperate women into going to a back alleyt doctor who will just end up killing them, too. I also see that it is every person on this earth's right to dictate what happens to their own body, not the government's. Meaning that if a woman doesn't want to have a baby, abortion should be an option.

Posted by Ainslie on 2002-03-21 23:34:30

By that standard, we should never kill anything without its consent: Did you ask the cow that your hamburger came from whether or not it wanted to die? Did you ask that wasp that you smashed after it stung you whether or not it wanted to die? Let's be realistic here. Abortion is not murder. Murder is killing a human. Abortion is ending a pregnancy. There is a world of difference. If anything, disallowing abortion is more murderous than allowing it. It would ruin lives, end lives, and completely take away women's control over their own body. You have control over what happens to your body. Women deserve that same freedom. Everyone does. And that's what this issue is about really: freedom.