Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Survey on Abortion

Don't kill the children

Posted by dan on 2002-05-13 10:25:49

Plain and simple...Only reason abortion is acceptable is if mother and child are both going to die. You cannot pick comfort over life, nor can you choose one life over another...humans aren't qualified to do that. Those who can live with themselves after doing so have no conscience. Abortion represents the worst legal wrong in America today, hands down.

If you'd rather be rigidly pragmatic, think about all the great things ordinary people do. Now, think of all the children killed by abortion. Now, stop and consider that an aborted child may have one day gone on to cure cancer or some such wonderful thing. It's illogical to waste human potential.

By the way, I'm Catholic. Notice how I just made a strong case without being at all religious, though? It's not hard.

Posted by nosorrythisnameisinuse on 2002-06-24 07:43:00

Why should your views differ in this certain circumstance? And why only this one? If you WERE a true believer in pro-life, pro-life would be in every situation, whatever that may be.

They could do bad things also. It works both ways. In saying what you have said it would be a hell of a lot of "What if's"... which is a pointless phrase and nothing more.

I'm not religious (well, I am agnostic) and I have a strong views on abortion. Abortion is just an issue of religion.

========== In Reply To ========== Plain and simple...Only reason abortion is acceptable is if mother and child are both going to die. You cannot pick comfort over life, nor can you choose one life over another...humans aren't qualified to do that. Those who can live with themselves after doing so have no conscience. Abortion represents the worst legal wrong in America today, hands down.

If you'd rather be rigidly pragmatic, think about all the great things ordinary people do. Now, think of all the children killed by abortion. Now, stop and consider that an aborted child may have one day gone on to cure cancer or some such wonderful thing. It's illogical to waste human potential.

By the way, I'm Catholic. Notice how I just made a strong case without being at all religious, though? It's not hard.