Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Pledge of Allegiance

God and $$$

Posted by Alzare on 2002-07-15 21:00:37

I do believe in God, and I'm sure He/She would probably not approve that His/Her name was being associated with money, otherwise known as "the root of all evil", anyway.

Posted by violinist21 on 2002-07-15 23:19:01

I have to agree with that

========== In Reply To ========== I do believe in God, and I'm sure He/She would probably not approve that His/Her name was being associated with money, otherwise known as "the root of all evil", anyway.

Posted by Zeus on 2002-07-17 13:24:19

In a perfect world I believe there should be no connection to God and govermnent in any way, shape or form. There should be no In God We Trust on money, no One Nation Under God in the Pledge of Alligence or any reference to God in anything that represents all of the people.

However, the world is anything but perfect. I am of the opinion that are many more important things to worry about that God`s name being on our money or mentioned in our Pledge.

I recognize the fact that it is important to many people to put God in everything without regard for people who don`t share their beliefs. It would be nice if more Christians had the same attitude of gamoto 11.

Posted by Alzare on 2002-07-17 15:44:49

========== In Reply To ========== In a perfect world I believe there should be no connection to God and govermnent in any way, shape or form. There should be no In God We Trust on money, no One Nation Under God in the Pledge of Alligence or any reference to God in anything that represents all of the people.

However, the world is anything but perfect. I am of the opinion that are many more important things to worry about that God`s name being on our money or mentioned in our Pledge.

I recognize the fact that it is important to many people to put God in everything without regard for people who don`t share their beliefs. It would be nice if more Christians had the same attitude of gamoto 11.

Zeus, we meet again! Always good to see some intelligent commentary on this site! I agree that we indeed have more important things to worry about than whether God makes an appearance in the Pledge Of Allegiance or not. What can you say, some people are just addicted to stirring up trouble. (I'm not implying the pollster, it was a good and relevant poll.) Just to clarify, although I was technically born and raised "Christian", and most of the religious services I attend are in the Greek Orthodox church, I firmly believe that ALL religions, with the exclusion of Satanism and other such nonsense, are completely relevant and viable paths to God. Also, if a person chooses not to believe in God, as long as they live a relatively moral life, they're in God's good graces, whether they believe or not. It's ACTIONS that count, not beliefs. Just wanted to clear that up, as I'd shudder to think anyone (I'm not implying you, I think you know where I'm coming from) would associate me with people like Pat Robertson or that crew. See ya!

Posted by sockguy on 2002-07-22 20:35:49

Ok, im not even going to address your last entry, but as for the one below, money is not the root of all evil. "The love of money is the root of all evil." and that doesnt mean like to just like money, that means if you're putting money before God in your life. And on a side note if you should ever get around to reading the Bible, it clearly says that it is not ones actions, but rather their faith in God and His Son.

========== In Reply To ========== I do believe in God, and I'm sure He/She would probably not approve that His/Her name was being associated with money, otherwise known as "the root of all evil", anyway.