Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Circumcision

Again the Anticirc People Distort the Poll

Posted by filup on 2005-01-16 01:36:38

I am glad that I am circumcised. My father was glad. My mother was glad. My brothers were glad. My great grandfather was glad. My grandfather was glad. All my uncles and cousins were glad. We are one happy family. At a young age the child relies on the parents for clothes, food, shelter, love, etc. So why shouldn't we make a decision for circumcision. Children need parents who will make a choice one way or another. An infant circumcision costs no more than $100-200. We asked for local anesthesia. It is done in a matter of minutes and full recovery is a few days. My two sons slept through the procedure. An adult circumcision costs $1500. and up. General anesthesia is necessary and 1 to 2 hours of the surgeons time. The recovery time is about two weeks. P. S. we are liberal Protestants. We do not hurt our children. We love them and try to make the right choices for them.

Posted by donnahm on 2006-06-26 03:10:31

I am a woman who heartily supports circumcision for boys.

Yes, it is what I am most used to but it makes cleanliness ever so much easier, particularly for the mother or other caregiver.

While the procedure can be done at any age, it is best done in infancy and he should be cut so that the glans is ALWAYS exposed.

I know for a fact that a majority of women prefer males to be circumcised so it is too bad when people come in and 'stuff' the 'ballot box'