Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Tickling as discipline for kids

Waking up

Posted by HannahHan on 2023-03-23 20:25:53

Hi, I love waking up my boys with a little tickling. There is no better way to start the day than to grab one of their warm feet from under the covers and start tickling until you hear a giggle. From there, you can vary from light tickling of the toes to full-on tickle torture (if they deserve it). I can guarantee you they will be on their feet in no time. Does anyone else do this?

Posted by PassionateMom on 2023-03-24 02:55:15

Oh sure, especially for lazy mornings. He knows he has to wake up early even during the weekends to do his chores, but sometimes I find him still sleeping, meaning he played during the night instead. So depending what chores he tried to avoid, I just pin him down and tickle his upperbody or give him his full session as well helping him to wake up and get motivated for his chores.

Posted by HannahHan on 2023-03-25 15:17:25

I can imagine he really hurries with his chores after that. Your son is around 16 now? Has your tickle punishment changed over time? How does it work out with your nephew? Do you still punish him with tickling?

After a year I am still satisfied with the results for my sons. They are well behaved most times and if not, the punishment is still effective on them.

Posted by Mommy's Naughty Boy on 2023-03-27 19:34:27

Sound like so much fun! Love reading about your experiences . Thank you for sharing

Posted by Jessica Smaleryder on 2023-03-31 19:06:33

My son sleeps in the same bed as me, as let me tell you there is nothing better than tickling a sleeping 9 year old awake and usually continuing to tears. My son is a really heavy sleeper, so sometimes as gently and quietly as I can I will tie his arms and legs spread eagle to the bedposts and then go crazy on him. Also, sometimes if I wake up during the middle of the night to use the bathroom or whatever, I will tickle him awake, for the sole purpose of being able to do so.

Once he's awake he also gets tickled daily for 15-20 minutes to snap him out of his grogginess. Hd also gets tickled fornfor 20-30 right before bedtime to tire him out.