Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Are Mormons Christian?

Mormons are not Christian

Posted by fableked on 2002-11-16 21:16:00

I almost wrote Mormons are Christian until I had a stab of concience that told me that I could not lie, even to get more people to read my post.
Anyway, the following is a discussion of Revelation and then I will give just a few reasons (out of thousands) of why Mormons are not Christians and have not be saved.

Specifically the book of Revelation says: "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share of the tree of life and in the holy city which are described in this book." Since the Bible as we know it was not assembled into one collection of books and letters at the time Revelation was written, we must assume that those words, found in Revelation 22:18-19 NIV, were meant only for Revelation.

Posted by Empath on 2002-12-20 00:48:25

Quote: Specifically the book of Revelation says: "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share of the tree of life and in the holy city which are described in this book." Since the Bible as we know it was not assembled into one collection of books and letters at the time Revelation was written, we must assume that those words, found in Revelation 22:18-19 NIV, were meant only for Revelation.

I've already debunked this. You should have read my post earlier. Here it is for your conveniance:

1: Revelations was written sometime during the 90's ce. 2: Taken point 1 above, the following books in the Bible would also then be taken from the Bible:

The Gospel according to John (2nd century ce) 1 Timothy (2nd century ce) 2 Timothy (2nd century ce) Titus (2nd century ce) James (2nd century ce) 2 Peter (2nd century ce) 1 John (2nd century ce) 2 John (2nd century ce) 3 John (2nd century ce) Jude (2nd century ce)

In addition, the following also MIGHT have to be deleted:

1 Peter (late 1st/early 2nd cent. ce) Hebrews (late 1st/early 2nd cent. ce) Ephestians (90's ce) Gospel according to Mary (late 1st/early 2nd cent. ce) Infancy Gospel of Thomas (late 1st/early 2nd cent. ce)

And these two MOST LIKELY would be deleted:

Infancy Gospel of James (late 1st/mid 2nd cent. ce) 1 Peter (late 90's/early 2nd century ce)

3: Revelations wasn't accepted by most Christians when the canon was decided. It was only added to appease a few who wrongly thought it was written by the apostle John.

4: Some of Revelations was added at a later time from when written originally. Most likely, the editing was done when the canon was sealed, the fourth century ce. One of these passages is that no other books could be added at the time.

Thusly...

If you accept Revelations, then you must then reject nearly all the rest of the New Testament; canonized or non-canonized.