Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Men's shorts- How short?

Wearing short-shorts

Posted by shortsfan on 2008-09-22 14:18:00

<>

Well, we'll have to use the adjective "short" to distinguish them from the capri-pants people call shorts nowadays!

That said, I think the standard shorts for guys has historically been knee-length. I recall, back in the 80's, reading books, etc. that referred to anything shorter than knee-length as being "short shorts". Then, of course, there was also that 60's song from the Royal Teens "We Wear Short Shorts". In the 80's, I never knew what they were referring to since "shorts", to me, were a garment that only covered your hind end and nothing else. I thought "Short shorts? How can shorts get any shorter?" I was a kid/teen in the 80's so I had no historical frame of reference so I just assumed shorts were always short.

Nowadays, I see people anickering at guys who wear "short shorts" and I think "you know, you would have worn those same shorts 25 years ago and not thought anything of it."

Posted by espoir66 on 2008-09-26 17:51:32

Right on, shortsfan, I never scoff at guys wearing short shorts because this is an oddity today and, as you have it, 25 years ago, I was wearing with confidence this garment. However, I was aware that there was something embarrassing and also exciting about wearing it because it was exposing a lot of my legs and thighs that were supposed, for the sake of modesty, to have been covered or hidden. My parents felt that it was improper for a late teen or a young man to show his legs and thighs and to strut around in such a casual and provocative way. I always got the sense that it was too sexy for them and for other right-thinking persons with a dirty libido.

Posted by DonDraper77 on 2009-08-20 06:17:49

i'm a guy who wears his shorts a little above the knee, but would prefer to wear them mid thigh.

Posted by fbjock854 on 2010-12-06 22:38:39

I'm a straight 21 year old guy with a bubble butt and tanned, smooth muscular legs. I workout a lot and love showing off my legs by wearing short shorts such as running shorts and cutoff jean shorts. I love the ones that barely cover my buttcheeks and my girlfriend loves how these shorts look on me. Usually I wear Nike Shox running sneakers and no show white socks which creates the best look. I even wore these shorts in the winter. I would throw on a jacket or sweatshirt and be all set to go. I get compliments all the time on how great my butt and legs look.

When I was a teen, I was the only guy in school who shorts this short. At first, everyone thought it was wierd, but they got used to it and accepted it. To keep my junk from falling out, I wore thongs. I did this and was still a popular jock playing football, basketball, and baseball. When I started wearing this, people thought it was weird, but they got used to it and accepted.

I continued doing this in college and became a popular frat guy as well. Girls love and guys are jealous of how secure I am with my masculinity and showing off my hard work in the gym.

Posted by fbjock854 on 2010-12-13 17:10:42

Please vote in my new poll: http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/510952