Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

How often do you pray in tongues?

Dumb

Posted by chucksmom on 2005-07-22 00:25:56

It's all pure hysteria. Know some people who got involved for years in the '70's. It's on the same level as the people who do snake-handling and fake medical cures by "laying on of hands".

It's a nice touch of theater for people with very little going intellectually. Funny how people don't realize the show going on right in front of them...

Posted by reflecting_glory on 2005-07-25 03:38:48

It's not just a show. I have seen so many people being touched by the Lord that it cannot possibly be a fake. And I'm not dumb, either - I'm actually quite smart. Having faith doesn't make you dumb... it's actually the contrary.

Posted by chucksmom on 2005-07-27 23:20:57

You've seen a show darlin'- 'cuz when they back home and still have the bad back, it was just the adrenaline of the moment taking over.

Strange that the Lord seems to take credit for people helping themselves out of problems, but then isn't that what he gave us brains for?

Posted by reflecting_glory on 2005-09-06 04:51:10

Oh, but it isn't a show. Admittedly I don't know of any instances where speaking in tongues definitely improved a person's situation, but "spiritual things" have touched so many people, and it sticks with them. With some people, it fades away, yeah. But others, their lives are changed because of it. There are thousands of testimonies where people were into such bad stuff - drugs, prostitution, whatever - and they turned to Jesus and got out of that. It's true. I haven't seen a show - I've seen the truth. And I'm sticking with it no matter what.

Posted by chucksmom on 2005-09-07 16:10:55

There's a differenc between spiritual conversion and faith healing.

Faith healing is a hoax in my book, whereas spiritual conversion is about a change in lifestyle, and is up to each person.