Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

How often do you pray in tongues?

How often?

Posted by reflecting_glory on 2005-07-25 03:50:34

I don't pray in tongues as often as I should. Ideally, we should do it every day. You know what's a good idea? Go for a nice long walk and pray in tongues as you go along. It's peaceful and it builds up your spirit.

Some verses about speaking in tongues...

Acts 2:4 "And all of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them."

1 Corinthians 14:2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit."

1 Cor. 14:4a "He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself..."

Ephesians 6:18a "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests."

Posted by chucksmom on 2005-07-27 23:22:40

Try learning French or Spanish, they are tongues which are much more useful - to yourself and to society.

I doubt the Lord cares which one you address him in.

Posted by reflecting_glory on 2005-09-06 04:57:46

Heh, I love French and Spanish. I'm good with languages. Yeah, the Lord doesn't care about earthly languages - Japanese, Pig Latin, whatever! He knows them all. But tongues is a good language to speak from a spiritual point of view. And it is useful, spiritually. shrugs From an earthly view, yes, Spanish or French or something would be more useful. But honestly, you can't really know until you've experienced for yourself... this is just as useful as those languages. Just you don't see it. And that's ok.

Posted by chucksmom on 2005-09-07 16:17:51

Guess what, I have experienced it!

My parents were involved for several years, were conned into giving ALOT of money away to these weirdos, and us kids spent alot of time with jibber-jabbering idiots who convinced themselves they were in "communion" with "god".

My parents finally woke up when the ringleaders insisted I and one of my siblings were "possesed by the devil"!

And of course, they needed money to perform the "exorcism"....

It's a scam - try this little experiment: just don't give them any money for 6 months.

See what happens.