Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Do you trust politicians

About that last question...

Posted by sickboy42 on 2006-07-07 15:36:39

I think that anyone who sees taxes as the government 'taking money' away from them need to stop driving on my roads, stop breathing my clean air, stop eating my inspected meat, in general stop using any of the services that the government provides and pays for by 'taking' your money. Oh yeah, stop eating subsidized food, stop buying subsidized gasoline...the list goes on ad infinitum.

Posted by Mr_Snuffalluffagus on 2006-07-18 14:34:09

It's clear that you do not understand. Re-read the question....the government cannot give any money to "anyone" as in a person. It has nothing to do with eligibility or whether or not a "person" deserves to get something for free. Of course there are things like paved roads, water, sewer, etc. The government does not own all the money and let us use it from time to time.

There are so many levels of government at the federal level that any money coming from them to a "person", for every dollar "given" to a person, a good chunk goes to pay so many people who determine all the qualifications and eligibilities and writing the rules etc etc etc....it's such a waste.....the average charitable organization has such a better record of lover "overhead" money that goes to the administration of a charitable program.