Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

User: uhclem

2005-06-02
0
8
0

Messages

Click through to message forum for reply and admin options.
Posted in Israel's security on 2006-07-17 13:21:16

Jorn, you can do better than this...

As a Jew who works with Palestinians to oppose what the Israeli Gov't is doing I am saddened by your superficial lumping of "Israeli Government", "Israelis", "Jews" into a single category. The inability to see individuals and recognize their different stories lies at the root of the tragedy, both in major horrors like the current killings in Gaza and Lebanon, and sillinesses like the options in this poll.

Sadly, neither you nor I has the power to change the former. Happily, you have the power to change the latter. I hope you do so.

Posted in Socialism on 2006-07-08 17:01:37

Only 11% have checked "Everyone check here". If they aren't everyone, does that mean the other 89% of respondents are robots? And how much wisdom do robots have, anyway?

Posted in Web passwords on 2006-03-29 00:36:33

er...um...I meant "all the same except for this one." This one is totally different from all the other passwords. No, really.

Posted in Chomsky on 2006-03-18 22:31:03

In 1969 I took a fourth year MIT course called "Intellectuals and Social Change" from Noam Chomsky. On the first day, he said everyone in the course would get an "A", as he didn't think people should do this kind of work for marks.

I did little work (other courses, being a hippie in Boston, my first girlfriend (geeks mature late)) and got my "A". And from then on I've read his work, and my political/social views have been more affected by him than anyone else I could name.

Posted in How many dolls? on 2006-01-01 13:11:56

The United States, in international politics, is currently:

a) A shining beacon b) one of the most moral countries extant c) above average morally d) average e) below average f) one of the least moral g) the Great Satan