Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Need help with a problem..

Posted by Cody4545 on 2008-02-26 20:31:55

When I click on the "your polls" button to view my polls, it says:

The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

Is this because of me, or is something wrong with it on your guy's site.

Thanks,

Cody

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-02-27 03:50:24

Well, it's hard to say based only on that. That message is actually a message from your browser. It's not sent by our web site. However, you usually see messages similar to that when a web server is unreachable or is taking too long to send the page back to you. It could have been a network hiccup anywhere between your computer and our servers, or its possible that our site was temporarily overloaded. If this happens every time you select "Your Polls", it's most likely an incompatibility with your web browser, or possibly one of your polls has somehow hit a glitch in our software.

Could you let me know what OS and web browser (+version) you are using?

Thanks.

Posted by Cody4545 on 2008-02-27 13:37:23

No problem. I use Insight Broadband, and my brower is Internet Explorer 7.0

Posted by Cody4545 on 2008-02-27 14:56:26

AAAGHH!! Dont read the above message, I was wrong. I use Internet Explorer 6.0. sorry :)

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-02-28 04:56:30

Hooray! I finally managed to track down and fix the problem. Somehow, one of your launches was set with an invalid end date (2008-11-00), and the system was encountering an error when it tried to deal with that. I changed the date to 2008-11-01, and now your poll list loads correctly.

That was a strange one. I'll have to check our launch editing code, to see how that happened.

Sorry you were unable to access your polls for awhile.