Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

The Official Mister Poll Forum

MisterPoll Has Become an Ad Factory Manned by Spam Bots

Posted by Jack_Masters on 2019-10-05 20:03:41

Yeah, I am trying to flood the "Official Mister Poll Forum" to force a response from the site's admin. That is, if any live humans are still watching this forum...

It looks like MisterPoll's owners, MonetizeMore, have abandoned this site to die a slow death with zero investment to keep users coming here. No one is monitoring it, and no one is filtering the forum posts. Instead, it looks like MisterPoll is a fully automated ad factory using spam bots.

MonetizeMore bought MisterPoll in 2015 for just $21,100 with the intention of multiplying ad revenue on this site. It seems to have worked for them, at least in the short term. There were initial promises from the new management to invest in MisterPoll and fix the problems. Instead, it appears they have put NO money into the site's upkeep other than keeping the forums active. And since the site obviously doesn't allow the creation of new polls, then traffic here should die out. With no traffic, how can the ads make them money?

Here is an article on Flippa about the purchase in 2015:

https://blog.flippa.com/buyer-interview-17-yo-misterpoll-com-sells-for-21100-on-flippa/

Maybe MonetizeMore figured they've realized their maximum return and are willing to let this site slowly die on it's own. The forums still work, so there is still some traffic. People predicted it would die by early 2018, and it's still here...

But honestly, some simple fixes would breathe new life into this site and keep traffic coming here for a long time? Just let people make new polls. Also, maybe monitor the main forum. Too much to ask?

What do you all think? Is it possible that someone from MonetizeMore will actually read this forum? Granted, I'm just one stubborn a**hole, but maybe it's worth a try...

Posted by RayCasey on 2020-03-23 19:10:04

Before the poll officially starts, it is better to see their version of it on the https://mrhappykins.com. It is always better to hear both side of the stories before coming to conclusion.

Posted by hiknodufye on 2024-03-05 09:19:02

New to your blog. Stumbled upon it browsing the web. Keep up the great work. I am hoping you update it regularly. follow me