Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

High School Teachers that paddle students

Paddling Students

Posted by josey24 on 2007-08-22 00:20:54

I am only in my second year of teaching high school chemistry. When I first started, I was against paddling students although the other faculty and administrators seem to encourage it. I was just out of college, 22 years old and looked like I was still 16. I noticed when the school year first started, the students seemed to take every advantage of me as they could. After 2 months in, I paddled my first student a junior, 16 years old female. I did not paddle her hard, I only gave her 2 swats. I think it was more embarrassing then anything, it did however change her behavior along with alot of other students behavior. The remaining of the year I only paddled 2 more students 1 female and 1 male that was goofing off and almost blew the lab up. We have been in school for 2 weeks so far this year and I have not paddled a student and I have not decided if I will. I do agree with the other post, I think that when a student knows they will get a paddling it does change their behavior. Especially in high school because it is humilating to the student.Maybe some other teachers can speak up.

Posted by Jimid on 2009-11-08 17:38:18

I think I was in this situation on the oppisite end of you. I was in 9th grade and had a nice, young teacher (female) for english. I took advantage of her, not paying attention not doing homework and goofing off. One day she surprised me/us I was talking and she told me she was going to paddle me. I was surprised but she took me out in the hall and she had a brand new paddle the shop teacher had made her. And she made me bend over and place my hands on the wall. I was embarresed and wondered if it was going to hurt. It did and how she used both hands and gave me 4 solid smacks which brought tears. It really hurt no matter she was young woman the paddle STUNG! Needless to say I was a much better behaved student and she made mention of my paddling changing me. So the paddle made a difference, at least for me. She only threatened me once more when I did not do my home work.

Posted by RayCasey on 2020-01-30 07:07:13

What?? That is insane! She should be studying, and focusing on her studies right now. You are an extremely www.royalcbd.com bad influence, and I hope that someone takes Cassie away from you. It's not good for her.

Posted by bob211 on 2020-11-11 03:49:35

Facts about students are being mentioned here so if you think that can be used and are really useful in nature then i hope assignment master will be always there for us as we can try them for those who can also wait for it as we needed to try all of them for us.