Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Boys dressing smartly

Dressing smartly

Posted by malcham on 2010-10-31 15:01:09

I have a 'shorts at home' rule with my son and he's expected to take care of his appearance and look neat and tidy. He doesn't get to choose his own clothes but I don't expect him to dress formally all the time, just to make sure his clothes are neatly worn and looked after so his shirts not hanging out and his socks are falling down. Pretty basic stuff really.

Posted by Mommas Boy on 2010-11-04 23:53:05

You sound like my mother and aunt Ma'am. At home i am forced to always have a strictly tied bow tie around my high stiff collar of my long sleeve white button down. I do not get to choose clothes either, my clothes are picked from my closet and laid on my bed and I am to put on whatever is there. No excetptions, complaining, crying, or back talk. Today for example, I am wearing a nice long sleeve white button down shirt, grey slacks, grey otk socks, black leather dress shoes, a red sweater and grey jacket. All topped off with a strictly tight bow tie around my neck. Now later this evening i will be changing my sweater for a grey waistcoat, and my 3 button jacket to a 5 button jacket for dinner. I will tell you more later if you wish but now I haveto go get changed for my dinner.