Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Greatest Comic Book Superhero Battles

Batman: You need to learn the truth....

Posted by BatmanTheDarkKnight on 2003-07-16 06:47:38

Ok, I see we are arguing over Thor and Superman. I read comics. I read them a lot. Thing is, most people who vote on these polls don't know really anything about comics so therefore have no right choosing a character to win a fight. But, considering that I know what I'm talking about, I'll let you know what I think. For one, Superman isn't as big and bad as everyone puts on. He's the mascot of superheroes, a "poser" if you will. I have nothing against Superman, I mean he is a good and righteous justice-seeking guy, but there are characters out there who are flat out more powerful than him. That's the way things work. Thor would take Superman down because he is of a higher power than Superman. He is a God. Superman is a powerful Kryptonian metahuman, not a God. Thor is just an overall more powerful hero, it's just the way things are. Another thing I want to cover, the topic of Batman. In this poll Batman has lost every battle except those when he is with the Justice League. That's just wrong. I assume that is because the majority of people who take these polls don't collect or read comics, from which these characters were established. That's wonderful if you've seen the movies, but that just doesn't cut it. They've been adapted to fit the big screen. The comics are where it counts. So, with that said, I hope you people realize that Batman poses as much of a threat as any of these superheros do, save for a few of the stupidly over-powerful characters such as Galactus and Silver Surfer. You want me to back all this up. Fine. Ever read Tower of Babel, a four-part JLA mini-series made in the late 90's which is now in Trade Paperback? No? Doesn't surprise me. I'll summarize it. It basically the story of where Batman single-handedly defeats the Justice League, hence all the Justice League members laying in a heap around him with him still standing. Good story, it shows the true capabilities of Batman. He trusts no one, and is always one step ahead of the opponent. He is also one of the most brilliant strategists the world has come to know, and the best part is...he fights dirty. In issue 612 of Batman, Superman is being mind-controlled and is sent to destroy Batman. But Batman is ready. With his kryptonite ring and martial arts mastery he really beats the hell out of Superman. So those of you who don't know what you're talking about, please either learn the facts and vote correctly, without being a bias voter, like myself. I don't have a favorite comic company or anything, I just research characters and read as much as I can, then I vote on these polls given to me as fairly as possible. And I almost forgot, Superman takes a beating from Batman in "The Dark Knight Returns" an award winning Elseworld mini-series from 1986. And in 2002's sub-par sequel to that (DK2), he is beat down with kryptonite gauntlets down in the Batcave. One last thing, he created his own form of kryptonite with less lethal effects to subdue Superman when the right time arises. Now, I hope some people who read this accept it for I am right about what I say, and I am fair all the way through. I mean, if Superman wanted to he could kill Bruce Wayne in his sleep and he would never have known what hit him. But...that's Superman's greatest weakness...deep down, he's essentially a good person, and deep down, Bruce Wayne is not. Batman fights dirty...So while Clark is being the boy scout and is early to work, Bruce is as non-trustworthy as ever, strategizing ways to defeat everyone he knows...probably trying to lace kryptonite through his batarangs or try to liquidize it and mold a solid-kryptonite batarang, who knows? This is Batman we're talking about...The world's greatest detective and, arguably, superhero of all time...So quit with all this Spiderman can beat Batman business, it's just making you people sound stupid to us who know what we're talking about. All he would need are some strength enhancers to be able to knock Spiderman around more effectively, some well-designed armor to take what Peter Parker dishes out, and to create a solution that when hit with Spiderman's webbing, instantly dissovles it....Batman's got a better fighting form anyway, Spiderman is sloppy, taking his agility and strength for granted, and blindly kicking and punching. This is my opinion, anyway. Plus he would create a device wired into his cowl that would scramble Spiderman's spider-sense. And that's about all I have to say, thanks for listening. And if you want to argue with me about this, especially Batman, or just want my opinion on a battle, e-mail me at BloodofBatman@aol.com. Thanks, and good day...

Posted by cooliofoolio on 2005-02-12 23:31:21

Everything is right besides the fact that if you really did read comics you would know that in one of the best fights I have ever seen superman kicks the crap out of thor saying somkewthing like this"(thor)Impossible,I am the strongest of three worlds.(Supes) Well sorry to tell you bud but from where I come that count gos to nine."

Posted by actionheroes on 2006-03-13 23:56:41

Spidey can kick all their $%!@. Batman B Spidey's Bitch.

Posted by gigabyte on 2006-04-19 19:11:44

BatmanTheDarkKnight i agree with you 110 about how bats would get rid of spiderman before spiderman can evan find out if batman is a good guy or bad guy. come on batman outsmarted lex luther in kingdome Come who will make kingpin look like a boyscout. get you fact staright bats dont F#$k around.