Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Christmas Morning

Identity card in the USA.

Posted by Grig K Lee on 2023-10-26 07:36:04

In the United States, there is a long list of identification documents, but it is not officially recorded anywhere. They can be divided into two categories: general civil and official. The following documents are general civil documents:

• driver license;
  • ID card;
  • passport;
  • passport card;
  • green card;
  • birth certificate;
  • work permit;
  • other (citizenship certificate, border map, etc.).

Among the above documents, the most common is a driver's license. Almost everyone has them, since driving courses are included in the school curriculum. The license confirms identity, but not citizenship, since foreigners temporarily staying in the country can also receive such a certificate.

Licenses are issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles for a period of 4-8 years, starting at age 14. However, there are a number of nuances. Firstly, the issuance of driver's licenses occurs at the state level, so the appearance of the documents is different. Secondly, you can officially drive only from the age of 16.

That is why in the USA there is another document - an ID card. It differs from a driver’s license only in that the holder of such a card cannot drive a vehicle. There are many reasons for obtaining a document: young age (there are no restrictions for registration), reluctance to drive a car, living in a city with developed public transport, etc. In any case, an ID card is required everywhere within the country: from opening a bank account to purchasing a pet or medicine at a pharmacy.

Posted by Osvaldos on 2023-10-26 08:45:32

Oh, this topic is very relevant to me. I recently bought myself a new jersey fake id in order to be able to visit nightclubs. This has always been interesting to me because I dream of becoming a professional DJ, but I am not yet 21 years old. This way I can go to nightclubs and I haven’t had any problems with security yet.