Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Christmas Morning

How do Singapore banks feel about crypto?

Posted by Sidnie on 2023-11-16 20:32:58

Hello everybody! I would like to know some details about cryptocurrency from you. One of my main questions is how do Singapore banks feel about crypto? I would like to start developing in this area, but first I would like to see such details.

Posted by Olwert on 2023-11-16 20:58:18

From https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/other/how-the-banking-industry-is-primed-to-shape-the-future-of-crypto-in-singapore/ar-AA19onka I learned that Singapore's banking sector has continued to embrace blockchain technology, exploring use-cases even through the crypto winter. DBS is working alongside the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) on Project Guardian, which looks into the application of DeFi and asset tokenisation. The bank was involved in a successful pilot that simulated the trading of tokenized government bonds. Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC, and UOB have also undertaken their own initiatives as part of Project Guardian. These include the tokenization of trade finance assets and the digital issuance of wealth management products. Each of these trials looks at the use of blockchain technology to make existing financial systems more efficient. This is a view which crypto and blockchain complement traditional finance rather than look to replace it.

Posted by dobbiekro7 on 2023-11-16 21:18:36

I would like to add to the words of the previous commenter that apart from Project Guardian, DBS also launched its full-service digital exchange in December 2020, becoming the first bank in Asia to do so. This February, the bank announced plans to apply for a crypto license in Hong Kong as well.

Posted by larrymartin1job on 2023-12-05 07:03:34

Singaporean banks have been cautiously exploring the potential of cryptocurrencies with some showing interest in blockchain technology. Solar Panel Upgrades in Cochise County

Posted by Writtiew on 2024-02-22 00:13:41

Hello!

Glad to see new members who are interested in cryptocurrency! As for the question of how banks in Singapore treat cryptocurrencies, the situation here may differ slightly depending on the specific bank and its policies.

In general, Singaporean banks do not remain aloof from the cryptocurrency world. Some of them even offer services for cryptocurrency companies, such as cryptocurrency accounts or other financial services. However, as in other countries, there are some restrictions and risks associated with cryptocurrencies that banks may consider when providing services.

Regarding your interest in development in this area, using crypto payment gateways is already a great start. This allows you to accept payments in cryptocurrency from clients and expand your capabilities in the field of financial transactions.

If you have any more questions about cryptocurrency or development in this area, don't hesitate to ask! We're here to help you navigate this exciting and fast-growing field.

Good luck in your cryptocurrency endeavors!