Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

boys and shorts - update 1

Shorts

Posted by PrinceMarkus on 2008-05-30 20:38:38

School is out for you already? Man, you are really lucky! For us here, final exams are in full swing for 1oth grade, and the show will continue until late July. But summer has hit already, thus yes, shorts are great when it is warm. No doubt about that.

Posted by Kameleon on 2008-06-01 09:38:07

At school, I either wear black long pants, or black cargo shorts, regardless of the season. But I rather wear long pants when I know there are a lot of mosquitoes flying around. I wear everything black, but I change between long and short pants, so my classmates and friends don't think I am wearing the same clothes every day! HA! HA! But I do wear blue tee shirts at times. I do NOT like to wear white. However, as a band uniform, I have to wear long black pants, and a white dress shirt for football games, Christmas concerts, and Sunday's graduation commencement for the seniors. For our Winter, Troika, Parade of Bands, and Spring Concert, we wear a black coat with black tie along our white dress shirt and black pants. Looks like we are dressed for a funeral or something.

In my school, the seniors are over. They will graduate Sunday, June 01. But some of them may come back for year book signing. We will finish school on Thursday, June 05, of which is half a day. All finals are over, and we just will attend class for under studies, and special credits. Year book signing, class parties, and clean-up the mess after graduation.

HEY! I heard that after graduation, after some of the croud disipates, you can walk around the campus, and look on the ground for envelopes dropped by the graduate, and the parents. I heard from someone, they found a total of $700.00!!! by just picking up dropped envelopes. Hmmmmm...........

Posted by ThatKid93 on 2008-06-06 19:38:38

we have to wear shorts for PE everyday or else we got a 0 for the day...luckily we can wear what ever we want to school and change in to the shorts and back out of them....when it is cold anyway. If it is warm i might just stay in the shorts

Posted by yagmaget on 2008-06-16 10:43:29

It's good to see that some lads actually like wearing shorts! My sons wear long trousers for school but I make them wear shorts at home and boy, do they complain!!

Posted by Toffi2604 on 2008-07-13 10:48:19

I was born in the early sixtees in the south of Germany and I can confirm that at this time in conservative oriented families it was still common to keep boys as long as possible in shorts. From my infant days on, my older brother and I had to wear very short leather shorts with wollen kneesocks all the time. My father insisted that the thights and knees of a boy had to be bare without any exeption and that a boy does not have the right to wear long trousers. This was seen as a measure of education to instill discipline and humiliation as you could be slapped on the bare thighs at any time to tame you with such a treatment. The other thing was that we were told that shorts are healty and are good for toughening and that boys in short shorts look smarter. The practical aspect of this education was also visible - short leather shorts did not need any washing. When we went to school on cold winter days the most worse than blue knees by cold was the teasing and pitty looks from other boys and girls to my bare thighs and knees covered with goosebumps which sticked out of havy wellingtons, which was embarassing. In my early tees I complained to be with bare legs all the time only with a few others as I don't wanted to stand out of the others, but I was not allowed to weaer any longs. The fact is that by this education I became immune against cold and I am still wearing very often short leather shorts also in winter.