Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Kids and Smoking

kids and smoking

Posted by thots on 2020-11-14 07:03:52

I developed emphysema because my mom smoked when she was pregnant w me and until I was 10 yrs old. I never smoked, it was all from second hand smoke.

Posted by Mum of 4 girls on 2020-11-29 18:18:51

It is not illegal for underage kids to smoke in Australia. It is illegal for them to buy them and for adults to buy cigarettes for those under 18 years of age. for this reason I tell them to "steal" a pack from my pantry as they require them.

I have 2 sets of twin girls, a set of twins aged 12 who have been smoking since they were 6 and the younger set now aged 27 months who have been taking small drags of my cigarette for a few weeks now.

Girls and smoking go hand in hand.

Posted by mslaurie on 2020-12-01 16:07:20

hey mum. Its not illegal for kids to smoke anywhere but countries have certain "laws" pertaining to them, even in some places the min age is 21 not 18. Anyway I find it intriguing that you have twins who smoke since they were 6, good for them, and the fact your 27mo old twins take drags. Nice! I hope they like taking drags and do it like good girls and that you influence the older ones to help with that.

Posted by Tamara25 on 2020-12-02 11:55:48

@ MsLaurie: Nice to hear that your 3 year old grandson now smokes 1 pack per day and the middle one has now also reached 2 packs. So now both girls smoke 2 pack and are an even better role model for their little brother. If he follows the example of the two girls, he will soon have to open the 2nd pack and once he has started a 2nd pack, it will not take long and he also smokes 40 cigarettes a day. How much does the 4 year old girl that your grandchildren support smokes? For the 4-year-old it is also slowly time to reach 1 pack per day and then slowly increase. However, when it comes to your oldest granddaughter's plan, I'm a little skeptical. It may or may not go well. I would advise her to reduce to 10 cigarettes during pregnancy and only then to smoke fully again. So the chance that something will go wrong is a little less than if she continued to smoke 40 cigarettes.

@Mum of 4 girls: You are right, girls and smoking belong together. My two daughters and I share the same opinion. My big one (4 1/2 years old) has been smoking for a little over 2 years and my little one (2 1/2 years old) for about 3/4 of a year. First my big one became a 2 pack smoker and when I also let my little one smoke freely, she also got 2 packs per day. Over time, thanks to the encouragement of her 6 year old chain smoking cousin, my big one smokes up to 2 1/2 packs a day. How much do your two big daughters smoke? That the 2 have been smoking for 6 years is very good. You are the right role model for the two little sisters. For the two little ones it is also time for the first whole cigarettes so that they learn the movements of smoking and to inhale deeply and at that age it is already completely okay if they smoke whole cigarettes themselves. So the little girls will soon become real smokers and you all smoke together. The earlier the two of them smoke themselves, the better it is.

Posted by Antoon on 2020-12-04 12:48:09

Hi Tamara and others, I wrote message by the past. But i can hardly believe what tamara say, i’d like but started kids to smoke at 1yo and make them smoking 2ppd at 2yo, nearly 3ppd at 4yo and not very light cigs but marlboro 100 without cough and out of breath it would be a first and i can’t believe it’s possible, i have never seen it. Cigs aren’t candy. And i’d like to know a place where is it possible to let 2yo smoking openly but i have never seen it. I have Serbian friend ( famous in her country): she enjoys smoking 2ppd, her 10yo and 12yo daughters are very light smokers. She has never seen very young smokers smoking openly in her country, and she doesn’t believe it’s authorized. But maybe in isolated campaign it’s possible. But if all is true i’d like know the real health of this very heavy very young smokers and know why they don’t smoke unfiltered cigs or little cigars by the way.