Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Ways to Raise Money

any way to get out of a years lease when house is up for sale

Posted by any way to get out of a years lease when house is on 2023-11-20 17:35:17

Hi 8211; I have a question. My property management company informed me on a Friday at 4:30 pm that the owner of my condo decided to sell, and that I had until Monday morning to make it 8220;photographable8221;. I asked for a place to store boxes, and was told no; I asked for extra time, and was told no; what are my legal obligations for this? I had been in the process of packing to move in a couple of months, and I have no storage unit to put all of the boxes in. No offer of help from the management company or landlord; just demands. Thank you. Once you rent your dwelling unit, your right to possession is much the same as if you owned your home. However, your landlord can enter at reasonable times to inspect the unit, supply agreed services, make repairs to the premises, or show it to a possible buyer, etc. "Reasonable notice" for the purpose of repair is notice given at least 12 hours prior to the entry and "reasonable time" for the purpose of repair shall be between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. The landlord can also enter at any time to protect or preserve the premises if there is an emergency, if you have given consent, if you withhold consent unreasonably, or if you are absent for an extended period of time equal to one-half the time for periodic rental payments.
any way to get out of a years lease when house is up for sale