Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Mixed wrestling complete poll

World Cup Wrestling

Posted by Twix on 2014-07-18 22:42:15

I just arrived in Brazil for this event. The wrestling will mostly be on a beach in Rio. World Cup Wrestling is a mixed wrestling tournament based on the World Cup football, that's why it's in Brazil. They selected 16 men and 16 women from all the 32 competitors of the World Cup, and the scedule is the same as the tournament. In every group of the first round, there are 2 men and 2 women, and then we go in a knock-out phase. Everything is allowed, fights are won by knock-out or submission. I represent Belgium. I fight a man from Algeria, and girls from Russia and Korea Republic. Tommorow, I have my frist fight against the Algerian. Tonight was the opening fight of the tournament, Brazil (girl) vs Croatia (girl). It was a close fight, but the Brazilian girl won. I'm really looking forward for tomorrow, I hope I can at least go through in the group stage!

Posted by Twix on 2014-07-25 22:54:27

The group stage is now finished, I fought my last yesterday. I had defeated Algeria but lost against Russia, so the fight against the Korean girl would be decisive. She had lost twice and the Russian girl beated the Algerian man. If I won, I would go through, but if I lost, we would end with 3 on one win and two defeats, and would have to step in the ring again immediately to decide who will go through. But she lost quite chancheless against Russia and Algeria, so normally I would be able to beat her too. She tried to suprise me quickly by ducking at my legs, but I forced her down to the floor. I sat on her back but I couldn't turn her on her stomach to pin her, so we got up again. I grabbed her and threw her in the corner. I punched her but she ducked down and got behind me. I turned around and tried to punch again, but she blocked this time, kneed me in my stomach and jumped in my neck. I got her off my shoulder but she pushed me to the floor and got me pinned on my back. So far, the fight wasn't really going my way and she gave me more trouble then expected. After 20 seconds, I struggled her off me and the fight was even again. We wrestled on our knees and I came out on top. She struggled under me, but when I pinned her wrists, she submitted. A hard fought victory, but I won and I'm through to the knock-out stage, starting tomorrow! These are all the fixtures:

Brazil (f) - Spain (m) Netherlands (f) - Croatia (f) Colombia (f) - Uruguay (m) Italy (f) - Greece (m) Switzerland (f) - Argentina (m) Bosnia-Herzegovina (m) - Honduras (m) USA (f) - BELGIUM Russia (f) - Germany (m)

Posted by Tonyj on 2020-04-04 22:07:00

Winner 1 Croatia 2 Greece 3 Russia 4 usa