Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Cloning Ethics

God gave us the wisdom so we should use it

Posted by Crystal on 2000-10-05 19:01:06

I'm not going to say its wrong or right b/c there is a conflict to any answer. Cloning isn't truely hurting anyone but if it was no doubt I'd be the first to be against it. I don't believe we are trying to play God. Infact I love God w/ all my heart. He gave us this wisdom for a purpose, to use it. What good is it doing if we don't use what we know to make the world better? So basically what a 15yr old teenage girl is saying is that God gave us a brain w/ the soul purpose of using it. E-mail me if anyone feels the same

Posted by sam on 2001-02-15 21:03:06

========== In Reply To ==========

I'm not going to say its wrong or right b/c there is a conflict to any answer. Cloning isn't truely hurting anyone but if it was no doubt I'd be the first to be against it. I don't believe we are trying to play God. Infact I love God w/ all my heart. He gave us this wisdom for a purpose, to use it. What good is it doing if we don't use what we know to make the world better? So basically what a 15yr old teenage girl is saying is that God gave us a brain w/ the soul purpose of using it. E-mail me if anyone feels the same

Hello i just have to say this and i hope you see it. God did not give us the knowledge ofgood and evil and in this we took the knowledge. This ethical controversy is a good versus evil opinion. You see we are trying to be god and it is made obvious in the following ways: It took God one day to make humans from nnothing. And we still cant do that but cloning is the closest thing to it. Also youre not hurting statement is true now but wont be in naught but 20 years, we are already producing so many pigs with our organs and killing them for donation organs (how morbid is that?)

Posted by Well duh! on 2001-03-19 06:12:32

========== In Reply To ==========

BUT THEY DO HURT "PEOPLE"

what about SO CALLED "THERAPEUTIC" cloning where they clone someone to KILL the embyro to "STEAL" almost a third of its cells (to grow one type of cell to help the "ORIGINAL" person ie person needing a bone marrow transplant)