Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Cloning Ethics

I wonder, imagine if you found out your a clone?

Posted by angel on 2001-03-16 00:28:06

what if, just wondering... What if you found out you were a clone? Wouldn't it be so weird? For me, I would feel that I wasn't really human more like an object. Something that scientists slapped together in a glass bowl. I would feel like I was not made with love, like "normal" children are made. What if a child was cloned, and found out she/he was a clone. Would it cause mental problems? Because if it was me, I would feel hurt, that i am not really me, i am someone else's shell just with a different personality. Would it cause a psyhcological problem???

There's something for you to ponder on...."What if you found out YOU were a clone?"

Angel (age 16)

Posted by debra@austarnet.com.au on 2001-03-19 05:57:46

========== In Reply To ========== what if, just wondering... What if you found out you were a clone? Wouldn't it be so weird? For me, I would feel that I wasn't really human more like an object. Something that scientists slapped together in a glass bowl. I would feel like I was not made with love, like "normal" children are made. What if a child was cloned, and found out she/he was a clone. Would it cause mental problems? Because if it was me, I would feel hurt, that i am not really me, i am someone else's shell just with a different personality. Would it cause a psyhcological problem???

There's something for you to ponder on...."What if you found out YOU were a clone?"

Angel (age 16)

too bad (theese days most people are just the outcome of lust anyway)

Posted by Dr.Smart on 2005-07-30 17:29:35

the thing is not you are just a shell, but theoretically, you would BE the person. Everything is controlled by chemical reactions in the human body. Either you would look and think like the person, or neither would be true...cool, huh?