Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Pee Pool Poll

Pool water chanege colour if you pee in it: urban legend

Posted by Louise P on 2010-03-16 11:07:31

I'd like to tell that that sometimes I've heard about the color marekr added in in the pool water that make a red or dark "cloud" around who pees in the pools. I think it is a sort of urban legend, and never found it . I don't pee often in pools, as i prefer to do it outside in the showers before or after swimming ( or sometimes in the changing room too). I've heard the story "don't pee into the pool, everybody will see a red cloud around yor cortch", many times, but I experienced it was false.

When I was 18-22 I made some competitive pool sports during the university (swimming, synchro and some waterpolo too). We sometimes used to train in a olympic pool of the university centre, and there was the legend of the "color marker" to avoid the peolple, mostly athletes, to pee in the water. I rember clearly I was in a pause between training session, and a friend told she had to pee badly, and it was annoying to have to get out and reach the changing room to go to the bathroom or showers (were mostly we peed). Some of us were in the water, and some sitting on the edge of the pool. Another girl of the team replied her "just pee in the water, everybody does it", but the girl who had to pee said "I'll do it of course, but in this damned pool we can't, as everybody we'll see it, from the red cloud around my crotch". Another girl replied "it's a joke, I peed often in this pool and never anything happened" then she added " if you don't belive it, look at my crotch I'm peeing right now and there is no red cloud". the girl who had to pee first replied "i'don't see nothing, but I don't think you are peeing right now..." the other girl swore she di it, but she wouldn't belive her. Another girl of the team, said "don't be stupid, I'll show you that you can pee in the pool without problems", she was sitting on the edge and come with her crotch few inches above the pool water, than pulled the swimsuit crotch aside and started peeing into the water . Her pee stream hit the water and made no coloured cloud...While all of us smiled and commented, she finished her pee and pulled crtoch back. my friend maed a relieved expression and said "I'm peeing right now, what a relief!" since then it became very unusual that a girl of the teame came out of the water to go peeing

L: