Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

High School Privacy: Student Rights

Taking student rights too far

Posted by jimbo on 2002-06-06 13:40:46

I see nothing wrong in communal changing rooms and showers (obviously separate for boys and girls though!) It is perfectly natural and we shouldn't pander to rights groups.

Posted by Smart Girl on 2003-02-17 07:13:47

HA HA and make me laugh some more. All of a sudden a person's FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT to privacy offends your senses? Grow up.

========== In Reply To ========== I see nothing wrong in communal changing rooms and showers (obviously separate for boys and girls though!) It is perfectly natural and we shouldn't pander to rights groups.

Posted by pip23 on 2010-08-09 22:31:59

Jimbo - you are so right. I wonder where some ideas of "rights" come from - sometimes it seems as though anything a person wants automatically becomes a "right." Perhaps if a school pupil doesn't want to go to school it should be seen as his "right" to wander the streets instead or perhaps he should have the "right" to not do his homework if he doesn't want to. Too many of these spurious "rights" that school kids seem to want are not part of a good education and could lead to a bigger shock when the kids enter the real world.

Posted by connor.melton on 2023-03-12 15:51:36

I think a student should have the same right to privacy as an adult. I always showered after PE, but most students didn't, and I think that's fine. If a workplace required adult employees to shower in front of each other, they would probably be fined or sued.

Posted by awayness on 2023-03-15 18:21:00

Students of both sexes should absolutely shower together. It is healthy physically and psychologically.