Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Short trousers for all schoolboys

Shorts at home

This topic is locked. No new messages are allowed.
Posted by malcham on 2010-11-22 08:07:19

I have a 'shorts at home' rule for my son. To school he wears long trousers. I'd prefer it to be shorts but I think those days are well and truly gone! However when he gets home he changes into shorts and depending on weather and circumstances he has to wear them outside too.

Posted by adamba on 2010-11-22 19:32:02

How old is he? I am 13 and wear shorts all year, even in winter also at home, school everywhere. It is easy to get used to.

Posted by It'sIt on 2010-11-22 20:40:45

Well, I can't say I disagree with you. The values of keeping (especially adolescent) boys dressed in shorts (instilling docility, teaching humility, promoting hardiness) are well proven, the "issues" regarding the practice notwithstanding. And by shorts I mean smart looking trim style shorts as exemplified in the '70's-'80's, not the ugly long baggy "shorts" of current fad. And, yes, it is Indeed sad that proper shorts as a standard for all schoolboys has become not just "old-fashioned" but virtually a taboo (at least in most places)...

Posted by malcham on 2010-11-23 18:05:39

He's 15, though never really not been used to wearing them at home. You wear them all the time of your own choice?

Posted by adamba on 2010-11-24 18:49:13

I got cold a lot as a small kid and then the doctor advised to my parents to put me in light clothes, that's how it started. And I got used to it very easily. And now I wear shorts of my own choice, but my parents like it too. Your son doesn't like it? Do you spank him? Cos my parents do.