Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

ABORTION: murder of birth control

This poll

Posted by Shoshannah on 2002-12-08 16:24:00

First off, I agree with the first poster: this poll really didn't have many options.

"Do you see abortion as Murder, or Birth Control...or others listed? Murder Birth Control Saving my baby from a life of hell None of your business"

This question is very difficult for me, and I'm sure for others, to answer. How about E: none of the above?? I wouldn't go as far as saying that abortion is murder but I certainly don't think it should be used as a form of birth control either. And I wouldn't necessarily use it to "save my baby from a life of hell" because I would give any child I brought into this world the best life that I possibly could. I do think that sometimes abortion can be acceptable. If the life/health of the mother or baby is in jeopardy or in cases of rape or incest, then I believe that people should have the choice about abortion. I think that if you irresponsibly get yourself pregnant but feel as if you can't provide for it emotionally or financially, then it should be given up for adoption (instead of having an abortion). But that's just my opinion, I am in no place to decide what is best for other people. Shalom, ~Shoshannah~

Posted by Alpha One on 2003-05-05 19:48:59

Well, abortion does end a life, we all agree there. It is not logical to think that everyone has a magical soul the moment you exit the mother's womb.

The question is, however, is killing the fetus murder?

Anyways, I admire your beliefs that you are not in the position to decide what's best for others.

========== In Reply To ========== First off, I agree with the first poster: this poll really didn't have many options.

"Do you see abortion as Murder, or Birth Control...or others listed? Murder Birth Control Saving my baby from a life of hell None of your business"

This question is very difficult for me, and I'm sure for others, to answer. How about E: none of the above?? I wouldn't go as far as saying that abortion is murder but I certainly don't think it should be used as a form of birth control either. And I wouldn't necessarily use it to "save my baby from a life of hell" because I would give any child I brought into this world the best life that I possibly could. I do think that sometimes abortion can be acceptable. If the life/health of the mother or baby is in jeopardy or in cases of rape or incest, then I believe that people should have the choice about abortion. I think that if you irresponsibly get yourself pregnant but feel as if you can't provide for it emotionally or financially, then it should be given up for adoption (instead of having an abortion). But that's just my opinion, I am in no place to decide what is best for other people. Shalom, ~Shoshannah~