Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Kids Hate Socks

I do

Posted by canadiangurl941 on 2017-04-17 09:05:42

I am just like your kids. Probably even more extreme haha. I used to hate going barefoot and always wore socks everywhere and only took them off when I had to shower. Now I always take my socks off in a place I can take my shoes off in. No exceptions. If I can take my shoes off then there is no excuse for wearing socks. Even if it is the middle of winter (and I live in Canada) the socks still come off. This is because I made a self-imposed rule after being so shy to show off my feet that I would try to go barefoot as much as possible. I also did this because it is healthier to go barefoot than to wear shoes and socks.

At school, as soon as I get to my locker I take off my shoes ( and socks if I am wearing any) and put on flats or flip-flops. When I come home, or visit a friend or relative's house, the shoes and socks always come off at the door, even if it is freezing cold.

I don't live on my own yet, but when I eventually move out I plan on having a shoes and socks off rule for my house. All homes pretty much already have a shoes off rule so I don't see why guests can't take their socks off too. If you can take your shoes off you can take your socks off. I have tried to get my parents to make this rule too but they sadly said no. If I ever have kids I will also not allow them to wear shoes and socks in the house and also in other people's houses and generally try to get them to be barefoot as much as possible.

Sorry for the ramblings but I just wanted to answer some of the questions from the poll here.

Posted by Ross19 on 2017-04-23 07:55:33

I have the same self imposed rule shoes and socks off as soon as I'm home and at my friends houses.

I like your rules for if you have kids, I think children should always be barefoot even to school. The health benefits for growing feet are brilliant when they are kept barefoot.

Posted by THISISJOE on 2017-10-15 15:28:45

I hate socks too, and infact barefoot now.

Posted by Alex5409 on 2023-12-16 07:58:01

I also hate socks. I only wear them on cold days. In summer I wear flip flops or sandals which is great because I am a lot cooler if I’m in my bare feet so why anyone would wear socks in summer is beyond me. In spring and autumn I wear flats also with no socks and I also wear flats sometimes in winter also. If I’m wearing flats or sandals I’m always barefoot when I get home and take them off.