Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Women's Pantyhose Survey

Tights (pantyhose)

Posted by lisaF4 on 2003-03-01 16:41:43

I am from the UK and wear tights (pantyhose) almost as part of everyday wear. I don't feel dressed without tights. My favourites are cosy black opaque tights but wear sheer tights in the summer. I wear tights with skirts and also trousers to work and at home. To answer a question in the poll: I think it is up to men if they want to wear tights. If my boyfriend wished to do that, I would have no objection as long as he wore them under trousers, so no-one else could see.

Feel free to e-mail me. lisaF4831@yahoo.com

Posted by Cat on 2003-03-07 01:20:02

Lisa, I am with you on not feeling dressed without wearing pantyhose. I usually don't wear pantyhose at home, unless they are soft opaques and I'm wearing a skirt, but during regular work week, now that the temperatures are low, I wear sheer pantyhose almost everyday. About half the time I wear skirts, the other half I wear pants. With skirts I wear plain enhanced control-top hosiery with lycra, but I just adore the tingle of light-support pantyhose underneath dress pants. Wearing well fitting pantyhose, I feel more motivated to work, and on a separate subject, quiet and vigorous baroque music helps as well :) Catherine

========== In Reply To ========== I am from the UK and wear tights (pantyhose) almost as part of everyday wear. I don't feel dressed without tights. My favourites are cosy black opaque tights but wear sheer tights in the summer. I wear tights with skirts and also trousers to work and at home. To answer a question in the poll: I think it is up to men if they want to wear tights. If my boyfriend wished to do that, I would have no objection as long as he wore them under trousers, so no-one else could see.

Feel free to e-mail me. lisaF4831@yahoo.com

Posted by Betsy_Robertson on 2005-04-16 18:34:32

Pantyhose No, Stockings YES!

I believe a lady should NEVER leave her home without wearing hosiery on her legs. This bareleg look is just tacky, unladylike and trashy. However, I believe that pantyhose themselves have killed hosiery... they are just so cheap, hot, itchy, uncomfortable and unfeminine that no one wants to be bothered anymore. I always wear full fashioned, seamed stockings and an open bottom girdle on a daily basis. They are so sexy and comfortable and make a girl feel like a real lady.

Betsy

Posted by bummybare on 2007-01-22 05:33:52

Betsy, you are absolutely correct.I prefer an open-bottom girdle myself although I have some pantigirdles and garterbelts. My girls are the same.

Posted by Meagan1986 on 2022-10-30 16:46:12

I agree wholeheartedly, Betsy. I too think it is tacky for women not to wear hosiery on their legs. I know feel sexier and more feminine wearing nylons. Many of my coworkers, however, disagree. They downplay their femininity and have told me that wearing dresses/skirts/nylons/high heels only perpetuates men viewing women as sex objects and not human beings. Rubbish. Men and women are meant to be different from each other yet complimentary to each other.

I have to admit, however, I'm NOT a fan of pantyhose. I prefer a simple garter belt with four clips and sheer stockings to pantyhose. Panties always, outside of the garters. If not a garter belt and stockings, then thigh high stockings.