Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

have you ever been barefoot in school as punishment?

it was terrible

Posted by jenny on 2002-03-06 10:11:04

One year ago I forgot my PE-kit for the third time within one year. I had to do PE barefoot (wasn't that bad) but after the PE-Lesson he told me that I have to stay barefoot till school is out (it was 10 a.m. and school was out at 3 p.m.) and he will keep my shoes and socks till 3. And to make things worse he made me write 500 lines which I had to hand in next morning.

It was the worst day of my life. All the boys and girls looked at my feet..."Why are you barefoot, Jenny?" They laughed at me and my feet did hurt after a few hours (I'm not used to walk barefoot). After that nightmare I came home at 4 p.m. and it took me till 11 to get all those punishment-lines done.

Posted by KEVIN A on 2003-03-18 16:28:24

========== In Reply To ========== One year ago I forgot my PE-kit for the third time within one year. I had to do PE barefoot (wasn't that bad) but after the PE-Lesson he told me that I have to stay barefoot till school is out (it was 10 a.m. and school was out at 3 p.m.) and he will keep my shoes and socks till 3. And to make things worse he made me write 500 lines which I had to hand in next morning.

It was the worst day of my life. All the boys and girls looked at my feet..."Why are you barefoot, Jenny?" They laughed at me and my feet did hurt after a few hours (I'm not used to walk barefoot). After that nightmare I came home at 4 p.m. and it took me till 11 to get all those punishment-lines done. JENNY:I'd like to know if anybody tried to stamp and/or stand on your bare feet during your punishment.I ask this because I recently had an experience very much like yours.If you feel like giving me that bit of info,prehaps I will be inclined to share it with you!.

Posted by Christine B.W on 2003-05-13 18:19:39

========== In Reply To ========== One year ago I forgot my PE-kit for the third time within one year. I had to do PE barefoot (wasn't that bad) but after the PE-Lesson he told me that I have to stay barefoot till school is out (it was 10 a.m. and school was out at 3 p.m.) and he will keep my shoes and socks till 3. And to make things worse he made me write 500 lines which I had to hand in next morning.

It was the worst day of my life. All the boys and girls looked at my feet..."Why are you barefoot, Jenny?" They laughed at me and my feet did hurt after a few hours (I'm not used to walk barefoot). After that nightmare I came home at 4 p.m. and it took me till 11 to get all those punishment-lines done. In my opinion,you got off far to easily.Forgeting your P.E kit three times in one year?Thats inexcusable!If it would have been up to me,your "nightmare" would have lasted a whole lot longer because I would have made you go barefoot for the entire week!That means you'd be in your bare feet from the moment you walked into school to the moment you left-and also for P.E AND special events.And if I was your teacher,Id' stand you up in front of the classroom every day and call attention to your bare feet just to maximize your humliation!Id' make sure EVERYBODY would laugh at you and pick on you about yor feet.Belive me youd'have learned your lesson!

Posted by Nefeli on 2009-01-06 00:40:00

I have a similar story to tell. At PE, I lost my trainers once. I didn't manage to buy new ones for one week and so didn't have any for three of my PE lessons. My teacher didn't believe me and made me participate in bare feet. There is nothing special about that because this is the usual treatment if you forget a part of your kit. For me it is incredibly humiliating every time though, because I am quite afraid of people seeing my bare feet (this is unusual for a girl, I know). Anyways, I didn't have trainers for three times, so the teacher got quite angry and told me that I would have to be in bare feet for the rest of the term which was almost 3 months. I'm so glad that it's over.

I had another embarrassing story about bare feet in school. One year, I was 17 then, ago my teacher caught me and a friend in the yard when we were both supposed to be in class. My friend belonged to another class and her teacher just made an entry into the register. My teacher though sent me to the headmaster's office. He didn't talk much, just told me to remove my shoes and socks and handing them to him for the rest of that day and the next day. At our school, they do this quite a lot of times. It's supposed to be a form of humiliation (which it is!), but many students don't care if they have to be barefoot. So, I wasn't really surprised but I hoped very much that he would think of another punishment. He wouldn't give in, though and even threatened to confiscate my shoes and socks for a whole week. Then, he wrote a letter to my parents and explained what I did and that I had been forced to be barefoot as a punishment. This was maybe the worst part of it because my parents know how shy I am and made me go barefoot at home for one week, too, as an additional punishment. So, I wasn't only mocked by the students at my school but also by my brother. That happens quite often anyway, because since my parents found out how embarrassed I am about being barefoot, this has become the standard punishment for me at our home. I hate it, but can't change it.

Posted by Rachel992017 on 2009-05-04 13:10:56

Well,Jenny and Nefeli,as bad a time as you both undoubtably had,at least you two didnt have to put up with the other kids constantly stamping on your bare feet like I did!You should count your blessings!