Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Gun Control

This is not gun control...

Posted by deathislife on 2012-03-15 17:35:31

I support gun control, but you're insane if you think gun control means "giving your guns to the government." If that's not what you meant, fine, but you word this so badly.

Posted by Captain Fantastic on 2012-03-17 21:15:48

If you really would like to have gun control in America, then why not go all the way, and take away the weapons from the pigs?!

Also, we need to disband the NRA (National Rifle Association -- a leading pro-gun advocacy group).

Posted by deathislife on 2012-03-20 04:06:00

No! We can't take guns away from the cops. We need to take away their pepper-spray and tazers, not their guns. Those are the problems. I mean, do you think the cops would use live ammunition to shoot the OWS protesters? Most likely not. But when they have none-lethal weaponry like pepper-spray, they'll use it often.

Yeah, I know who the NRA is, and they make me sick. However, as long as we allow lobbying (which is just bribing, as far as I'm concerned), I see no legal way to deal with them besides stand up against the crap they spew.

Posted by Captain Fantastic on 2012-03-20 05:39:42

Dear forum poster (Deathislife): I have something else I wish to say that I just thought of--

I feel kind of caught in a Catch-22 situation regarding my views on this subject. On the one hand, while it is true that police officers are more inclined to use non-lethal force to silence protesters and the like--and I agree that they should ban Taser and Pepper Spray weapons, too, but only for situations such as this (peaceful demonstrations), the fact remains that these items do not kill (most of the time, if used properly)--bullets do, more often than not.

Tasers and sprays can be used, but only as a last resort, and only on uncooperative or dangerous persons. I think that guns should be banned, outright. They are simply far too dangerous in many circumstances.

It would be a good idea for science to develop a device capable of shooting a burst of energy that merely stuns a fleeing suspect, without killing him or her--similar to a "phaser"--that they used to have on Star Trek. This is much more humane.

Posted by deathislife on 2012-03-21 06:13:54

I agree that it'd be preferable to have non-lethal weaponry like that, but we can't deny the fact that if we let police use things like this, they won't just use them in places they use guns. They'll use them more.

The cop who pepper-sprayed those college students would never have shot them with a gun. However, when we give him non-lethal weapons, he can use those in places he'd never use a gun.

It's a very fine line. However, I think that we, as a whole, are safer if police have just guns over if police have a varied selection of non-lethal weaponry.