Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Corporal Punishment in Schools

Ouch

Posted by Rilian on 2022-05-15 09:45:13

Corporal punishment at school is no fun, it might work as a deterrent but it really hurts!

Posted by flash gordon on 2022-07-05 11:48:01

I never received corporal punishment in school but I spent a healthy number of hours sitting in detention after school. I always considered detention a lesser punishment than getting whacked. But I was talking to my buddy about it, and he experienced both while he was in school - corporal punishment plus a lot of detentions. He expressed a strong preference for corporal punishment over hours of detention. He liked the fact that it was over quickly and said it only hurt for a short time, while detention messed up his afternoon and dragged on and on. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Posted by atheistkid on 2022-12-27 21:55:02

I have a somewhat unusual perspective on this in that I am now a teacher at the same school I attended for high school. The school didn't use corporal punishment when I was there, but reintroduced it shortly before I started teaching. My impression is that overall discipline is better than when I was a student, and imposing discipline is easier because parents are less likely to protest a corporal punishment than a detention or suspension that would mess up their own schedules.

Posted by SharonSB on 2023-01-26 14:57:15

I got the slipper loads of times at school, it was really about the only punishment used, apart from the cane. In 5th and 6th forms we were often offered a choice of detention or the slipper. Nearly all of us opted for the slipper.

Posted by temilinrogers on 2023-09-23 20:23:30

In times of academic trepidation, our pay someone to take my exam for me service stands as a beacon of hope. Our seasoned cadre is poised to aid you in your scholarly endeavors, ensuring that you rise above in your online evaluations. Bid farewell to nocturnal study sessions and entrust your aspirations to us.