Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Modern day gladiators

It could happen

Posted by johnhiggins on 2016-04-27 11:42:12

An interesting poll. Given how violent and sexy much modern media is just check out Grand Theft Auto game. Its full of torture, brutal blood-spattered violence and t*ts and a*ss (lots of the last two!). If it was to return it would probably first involve death row criminals. The scenario has already been shown on several movies where a man on death row is given the right to fight for his life and so entertain a world-wide television audience. If he wins he will be freed or at least have his sentence reduced to life. Sports at the present time is getting more and more violent - mostly American football and Ice Hockey (so beloved of our cousins north of the border). If Roman style gladiatorial games did return however I would feel really queasy about women taking part and would probably not promote that. Violence has always been a male on male affair and should remain so. But I would allow women to watch of course and enjoy the ''sport''.

Posted by ---x--- on 2016-05-16 11:22:27

I think Women should be exempt from the games, it's sick to imagine people wanting to watch Women die... I do think it should be a public event though where anyone can buy a ticket and enjoy the blood sport. It'd make it a very primal event too if the combatants were naked!