Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Professional dress code in the office.

Men in Shorts in the Office

Posted by beercritic on 2016-01-02 19:07:53

Shorts with a jacket? Definitely not!

But with a tie? Well, er... How about the following 'ensemble'?

Shorts: The plain, single-colour (i.e. black or dark blue), smart, tailored variety, finishing between just above the knee and mid-thigh.

Shirt: The plain, single-colour (i.e. white or light blue) 'office' type, WORN TUCKED INTO THE SHORTS! Either short-sleeved or with long sleeves carefully folded up army-style to just above the elbow.

Tie: Single-colour, or two or three sober colours. Design neither too complicated nor too gaudy.

Socks: Plain, white, with turnover tops, and finishing just below the knee.

Shoes: Black leather.

Avoid at all costs: (i) Sandals! Need I say more? (ii) The colour grey. Too many echoes of school uniform! (iii) Bow ties!

Has the advantage of not showing too much bare leg. Would look okay on a woman. (Or would it look too schoolgirlish with the long socks?) But, smart or stupid? I can't decide. It's for the court of public opinion to bring in its verdict!

Posted by Mrellfav on 2016-03-10 04:37:54

But if a female can wear female formal dress sandals or female formal dress shoes that exposes some toes, why can't men wear male formal dress sandals? If women should be allowed to wear whatever they want, then why shouldn't men be? We should be equal to both sexes. If men will be prohibited from wearing sandals, then so should all women be. You know sandals really are not a feminine thing. It's just the psychotic trend and society that has shaped it that way as a seemingly everlasting trend and many people are prey of being brainwashed and mentally enslaved and manipulated to view sandals that very same way, therefore being made to fit in. I think fitting in is stupid. It is taken to the extreme in middle schools that if a boy wears sandals in middle school, he will be judged, criticized, and perhaps even bullied. This fashion trend needs to end. It serves no useful purpose and it hurts much more than what it helps or benefits. I am just red face mad at how things are that way.