Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Questions about religion in general based on legality, mentality, etc.

Notification from the maker of this poll.

Posted by Mrellfav on 2015-09-01 23:02:17

I accidentally voted on yes for should animal sacrifices be banned by law. I meant to vote for no because I am opposed to animal cruelty. Although there is freedom of religion, I think no religion should actively interfere in a harmful, threatening way to anybody, including animals. In fact, I believe law should require humans and animals to treat every sentient being as equals. Yes, if an animal attacks, attempting to kill that animal if it is dangerous is necessary. All animals have the right to be free from harm. Another example is if someone tries killing an animal with any weapon that is not a gun, the animal must defend him/herself but if it's a firearm of any kind, the animal or human must instead run because that maximizes survival chance in that kind of situation.

Posted by ratlat on 2015-10-24 13:21:21

You can at least take comfort in the fact that all suffering comes to an eventual end. The time the animal spent suffering during sacrifice is rewarded with absence of pain as it dies, perhaps even pleasure in the afterlife, if it exists.

Posted by gorangle on 2016-03-21 16:07:58

Well, that's pretty crazy logic. So it's OK to experience pain just for the joy of having it come to an end! Better to have no pain in the first place me thinks.

Posted by Bradferrell on 2022-11-15 04:05:52

Thanks for sharing that.. Macys Insite Sign In