Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Girl, 11 yo, external and internal tests at a Montessori School

Posted by Aquila on 2016-04-27 23:46:32

Girl, 11 yo, external and internal tests at a Montessori School

I am female. It happened in Western Europe, 2010-2014, 11 year old. My parents drove me to the exam. It happened At a room in the school that was preliminary prepared for the event. It happened to a selected percentage of the children in my school of the age group.

Pteparations: I was not allowed to eat some time before the exam. I had to strip totally naked before the exam. I was placed to lay on my back with my legs flexed up, spread and mounted upon two devices. I got a device on a finger or a toe to measure pulse and oxygen in my blood. I got a blood pressure monitor wrapped around an arm or a toe. I got electrodes on my cheast. I got something to swallow for anesthesia.

External examinationa: They performed an ECG, functional test of the heart function, with electrodes on my chest and other body areas. They performed an analysis of my breathing and oxygen uptake where I had to breath into a tube. They examined my hip area with an ultrasound device or something similar. They examined my genitals with an ultrasound device.

Internal inspections: They used a speculum in my vagina. They inspected my vagina with a scope. They inspected me through my anus high up with a flexible scope. They inspected me through my vagina with an ultrasound probe. The doctor explored my vagina with a finger.

Arrangements afterwards: I lay with my legs in stirrups some time after the exam. I lay naked under a blanket after the exam.

Type of school: I went to a Montessori school.

Posted by Aquila on 2016-04-28 09:41:35

SOME COMMENTS:

It seems to be common to let children at Montessori schools go through an extended physical like this. Probably all children at this school went through this type of exam, but at somewhat different ages depending on the development status.

It is also probable that the children at the school had a similar exam under anesthesia at the age of 6-7.

At Montessori schools one tries to treat children individually, but in order to do so, one seems to perform rather extensive psychological and physical exams at various ages. Since one can read very much about the development status of a kid from findings in the pelvic zone, this sone seems to be the most extensively assessed at these schools.

It is also possible that the school let some research project used the kids for their purpose, and that the school got financial support for letting the kids be used.

The thing reported as exam with a scope through the vagina was most probably an inspection of the bladder through the urethra, since it can be useful to detect some common bladder problems in children.