Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Girl, 15yo, Eastern Europe, Project to study digestive system

Posted by Aquila on 2016-05-16 10:26:14

Girl, 15yo, Eastern Europe, Project to study digestive system

I am female. It happened in Eastern Europe, 2000-2009 when I was 15 years old. My parents volunteered me for medical research, they needed money. Parents were told to drop me off at a medical facility. My parents drove me to the exam at a health center It happened to a selected percentage of the children in my community. It was a research medical hospital 2 towns from mine. Several kids from my town exprienced strange exams. Their parents were also poor.

Preparations: I was not allowed to eat ome time before the exam. I got laxatives at home to clean out my stomach the day before the exam and I got laxatives to clean out my stomach at the place where the exam took place. I got a traditional enema before the exam to clean out my stomach.

I was given a gown but was naked under the gown in the time I stayed awake. They placed me upon an advanced surgical table. I was placed to lay on my back with steight legs. I got a device on a finger or a toe to measure pulse and oxygen in my blood, a blood pressure monitor wrapped around an arm or leg. I got electrodes on my cheast and on my stomach or hip region.

I got some numbing and lubricating cream injected into my anus. The anesthesia only took away pain. The anesthesia made me relaxed, but I was conscious. I was mostly awake during the procedure, despite anesthesia given.

They laid me down on a rather large operating had table in the middle of a tiled room. There was a lot of equipment around. My legs were straight and together strapped on the table. My arms were open and strapped. I had a gown on, but it was raised to my chest. A small towel placed over my private area.

They performed an ECG, functional test of the heart, function, with electrodes on my chest and other body areas. They did some other type of test with advanced machines.

Outer exams: They examined my stomach area with and ultrasound device or something similar. They examined my hip area with an ultrasound device or something similar. They took stomach x-ray pictures. They used electrodes at my chest to record body functions. They used electrodes at my belly to record body functions.

Internal exams: They took specimens from my anus with a tube. They inspected me through my anus with a rigid scope. They inspected me through my anus high up with a flexible scope. They performed a full colonoscopy with a flexible scope. They took samples from my stomach by putting a thin plastic tube down my throat and sucking out liquid into bottles.

They also took stool samples by sticking a long qtip thing up my backside. They also collected colon gas into glass containers using a long hose up my back side and compressing my belly. It was very uncomfortable but not painful since i got medicine for it.

Arrangements after the exam: I had electrodes on my body. I just lay some time in a bed to recover. I lay naked under a blanket after the exam. They observed me for another day after the tests. They examined my abdominal area in detail. then they let me go home.

School type: I attended ordinary daytime school. It was jut a normal school.

Posted by Aquila on 2016-05-16 10:28:08

COMMENTS:

It looks like they used her in a scientific project to study the digestive health and digestive functions of kids.

She probably had a catheter to collect urine and a IV tube for sedation, but that the sedation made her forget this and some other aspects of the exam.

She surely was placed in other types of positions than those reported also, for example in stirrups. Possible the leg part of the operating table could be split and flexed up like stirrups and this was done before instruments were inserted.