Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Boy 13yo, North America, pelvic exam to investigate causes of bedwetting

Posted by Aquila on 2016-05-22 10:34:54

I am male. It happened in North America in 1970-1979, 13 years old. To go get check out because I still wet the bed nightly at that time. My parents drove me to the exam at a regular hospital. Other selection criteria.

Preparations: I was not allowed to eat some time before the exam. I got laxatives at home to clean out my stomach the day before the exam. I was totally naked through all the procedures. Some other arrangements during preparation. I had to strip totally naked before the exam.

I was placed to lay on my back with my legs flexed up, spread and mounted upon two devices. I got IVs, tubes into blood vessels, in an arm. I got a tube or wire in through my urethra. I got a tube or sond in through my anus. I got something to swallow. I got anesthesia gas to breath in through a mask. The anesthesia made me relaxed, but I was conscious. I was mostly awake during the procedure, despite anesthesia given.

Urinary exam: They examined my genitals with an ultrasound device. They had electrodes at my genitals to record functions in this area. They inspected the inside of my urethra and bladder with a scope. They took specimens from my urethra with a tube. They took specimens from my bladder with a tube.

$%!@ exploration: They inspected my anus with a speculum. They inspected me through my anus with an ultrasound probe. The doctor explored my anus with a finger.

Arrangements after the exam: I had catheter into my bladder. I just lay some time in a bed to recover. I lay naked under a blanket after the exam.

The school he went to I went to some other type of main school.

Posted by Aquila on 2016-05-22 10:36:32

COMMENTS:

This is a typical pelvic exam as they are often done on children, but seldome spoken about openly. And therefore people generally

believe it never happen to children, and never to boys, But it happens fairly often, sometimes as a standard health check of all

children in an area, sometimes like in this case to explore the causes of a problem. As far as I can see, nothing impropriate

happened to this boy, since there was a good reason for the exam. The eletrodes were probably for muscular test with electric

stimulation.

The ansesthesia he got was probably a combination of intravenous sedatives and nitrous gas, but was only light in order to make muscular tests possible.