Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Girl, 11 yo, western Europe, growth assesment, internal pelvic exam, and recordi

Posted by Aquila on 2016-05-23 18:20:52

I am female. It happened in Western Europe. 2000-2009. I was 11 year old. I don't know what information my parents had, I was just told that I had an appointment to a see new dr by my parents. My parents drove me to the exam at a regular hospital.

Kids seems to have been randomly selected at some place and called in to the exam. I just rememeber being in a waiting room with my mom and there were other parents and girls there varying ages.

Preparations before the exam: I got a traditional enema before the exam to clean out my stomach. I was given a gown and kept underwear on in the time I stayed awake.

They placed me upon a simple examination table and later they placed me upon something like a dentist's chair, but with devices to lift my legs onto. I was placed to lay on my back with my legs flexed up, spread and mounted upon two devices. I was also placed to lay on my left side.

I got IVs, tubes into blood vessels, in an arm. I got a blood pressure monitor wrapped around an arm or a toe. I got electrodes on my cheast. I got a tube or wire in through my urethra. I got anesthesia through tubes into my blood vessels and got anesthesia gas to breath in through a mask.

I got lubricating and numbing cream into my vagina. The anesthesia only took away pain. The anesthesia made me relaxed, but I was conscious. I was later put completely to sleep.

I remember being asked to undress and mom, dr and a nurse was present. Before I got gown I was weighted and height taken, nurse took photo of me facing, standing to side and from behind and one next to the height chart. I got a pretty routine exam on exam bed then given gown and went to different waiting room and eventually another exam room with the chair with stirrups which I was helped into.

External tests They performed an ECG, functional test of the heart function, with electrodes on my chest and other body areas. I cannot remember any other external procedures like those mentioned.

Internal inspections: They inspected the inside of my urethra and bladder with a scope. They took specimens from my urethra with a tube. They used a speculum in my vagina. They took specimens from my vagina with a tube. The doctor explored my vagina with a finger. They inspected my vagina with a scope.

They took specimens from my anus with a tube. They inspected me through my anus with an ultrasound probe. The doctor explored my anus with a finger.

I know they took swabs from vagina, urethra and anus and was catheterised.

Arrangements after the exam: like it wasn't painful but felt like lot of pressure, close to painful. I had IVs into blood vessels. I had catheter into my bladder. I got given like a massive pad to put in my underwear and that was it really, and mom took me home.

The school she attended: I attended private boarding school, just a pretty standard school I think"

Posted by Aquila on 2016-05-23 18:21:53

COMMENT: It looks like this society was performing a functional, bacteriological and development study of kids in various ages. Probably also boys were called in, but at different days.

She was relaxed, but awake much of the exam, but she also told that she eventually was put fully to sleep. Most probably they performed a full flush of her bowel content and a full colonoscopy when she was under full anesthesia.

These kind of study seem to have been going on with boys and girls several decades in the countries with a thight political connection with USA and UK.