Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Girl, 6yo, Western Europe - Functional and digestive assessment

Posted by Aquila on 2016-07-18 16:16:40

I am female. It happened in Western Europe, 1970-1979, 6 years old. All i knew was that i was going to see the doctor. My parents drove me to the exam, at a doctors office. Other selection criteria.

Preprarations before the exam: I was not allowed to eat some time before the exam. I got laxatives at home to clean out my stomach the day before the exam. I got laxatives to clean out my stomach at the place where the exam took place. They washed my body before the exam. I got a traditional enema before the exam to clean out my stomach. I was totally naked through all the procedures

They placed me upon something like a dentist's chair, but with devices to lift my legs onto. I was placed to lay on my back with my legs flexed up, spread and mounted upon two devices. I got a blood pressure monitor wrapped around an arm or a leg. I got electrodes on my cheast. I got electrodes on my stomach or hip region. I got electrodes on my head. I got something to swallow.

I got some numbing and lubricating cream injected into my urinary opening. I got lubricating and numbing cream into my vagina. I got some numbing and lubricating cream injected into my anus. The anesthesia made me relaxed, but I was conscious.

Examinations with external euipment; I cannot remember such tests. I cannot remember any external procedures like those mentioned.

Internal inspections and tests: They used a speculum in my vagina. They inspected my anus with a speculum. They inspected me through my anus high up with a flexible scope. The doctor explored my vagina with a finger. The doctor explored my anus with a finger. He keept touching and grouping me.

Arrangement after the exam: I had a tube going in through my nose or down into my stomach. When he was done my mom drove me home again. She was crying.

The school I attended: I attended ordinary daytime school.

COMMENTS: What was done here seemed to be an internal pelvic inspection and a test of the digestive system. It is posswible that all children in the community had this done to all children at this age or to a randomly selected group of children. This could be some kind of extensive well-child examination, or more probably the children were used in a research or surveillance project.