Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Boy, 17yo, North America, complete exam with extensive x-ray and probably pelvic

Posted by Aquila on 2016-09-08 14:05:47

Boy, 17yo, North America, complete exam with extensive x-ray and probably pelvic inspections

I am male. It happened in North America, Before 1970, 17 year old. They only told that I had to have a complete physical I went there alone by myself to a doctors office. All children with some kind of health problem semmed to have been called in.

Preparations: I was not allowed to eat some time before the exam. I got laxatives at home to clean out my stomach the day before the exam. I was totally naked through all the procedures. I had to strip totally naked before the exam. They placed me upon a simple examination table. I was placed to lay on my back with my legs flexed up, spread and mounted upon two devices. I was also placed to lay on my stomach with my legs flexed down and spread, on my right side and on my left side.

I got a device on a finger or a toe to measure pulse and oxygen in my blood. I got a blood pressure monitor wrapped around an arm or a toe I got electrodes on my cheast, on my stomach or hip region and on my legs.

I was put completely to sleep. I basically don't remember anything past the prepping when I arrived.

Examinations with external equipment: They performed an ECG, functional test of the heart function, with electrodes on my chest and other body areas.","They performed an analysis of my breathing and oxygen uptake where I had to breath into a tube.

They examined my head or neck, my upper body, my stomach area and my shoulder area, my hip area, arms and my legs with an ultrasound device or something similar.

They took x-ray pictures of my chest, stomach, shoulder area, hip area and limbs.

They examined my genitals with an ultrasound device. They had electrodes at my genitals to record functions in this area.

Internal procedures: I cannot remember any internal procedure like those mentioned.

Arrangements after the exam I had catheter into my bladder. I lay some time in a bed to recover, under a blanket after the exam.

The school I attended: I attended ordinary daytime school. Just a regular public school,

COMMENTS

It seems that he was called in for an assessment of all body parts, and that this society had such a comprehensive assessment as standard for all children and teens with som kind of medical problems. It happened before 1970 and that shows this kind of assessments have a long tradition.

Even though he does not remember any internal exam, because he was under anesthesia, they almost certainly performed an endoscopic exam through his anus and through his urethra. Possibly they performed x-ray exams or ultrasound exams of his colon and his bladder with contrast fluid instilled through his anus or urethra.

The stomach preparations, that he was put to sleep, the catheter afterwards and the way he was placed on the examination table indicates this.

It is possible he woke up during the internal exams and remember how he was placed, but not the exam itself.