Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Girl, North America, extensive well-child physicals at 1, 4, 7 and 17 years of

Posted by Aquila on 2016-09-08 14:07:28

Girl, North America, extensive well-child physicals at 1, 4, 7 and 17 years of age

I am female. It happened in North America in the peiod 1990 to 2015 or later at teh ages: Under 1 year old, 4 years old, 7 years and 17 year old. They toldr(???)

I went there alone by myself. The exams occured at a health center, In the kindergarten and also at home.

The children seemed to be selected by various criteria at the various occations: All children of the age group in your community. Children that had been treated or examined by a psychologist or psychiatrist beforehand. Children that the child protective agencies were angaged with. Kids were randomly picked up at some place and led to the exam.

The preparations I remember that occurred at various occations: I culd be given a gown but was naked under the gown in the time I stayed awake. I could mostly only had my underwear on the time I stayed awake.

I was placed to lay on my back with my legs flexed up, spread and mounted upon two devices, placed to lay on my right side.

I got a device on a finger or a toe to measure pulse and oxygen in my blood. Parts of my body got numbed by a shot with a syringe. I got some numbing and lubricating cream injected into my urinary opening. I was put completely to sleep.

External examinations: They performed an ECG, functional test of the heart function, with electrodes on my chest and other body areas. They examined arms and legs with an ultrasound device or something similar. They took x-ray pictures of my limbs.

Internal inspections I remember: They inspected the inside of my throut with a scope. They took specimens from my urethra with a tube.

Arrangements after the exams: I had electrodes on my head. Gj (???), Gg (???)

The school I attended: I attended ordinary daytime school.

COMMENTS: Based on the answar, it seems that this community have a thorrough assessment of each child at specific ages.

The assessment seems to include: - Solcial assessment by the child protective agencies. - Psychological tests - Test of heart function and neurlogical fuction, especially the brain - Assessments of joints - Internal inspection abd probe taking in the urinary system and genitals - Probable inspection and probe taking in the anus and lower colon

Probably the most extensive examinations took place at the age of 7. Since she was partly put to sleep, she does not remember all exact details.