Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Girl, 16yo, North America, extensive pelvic and other body assessments

Posted by Aquila on 2017-03-09 12:57:14

Girl, 16 yo, North America, extensive pelvic and other body assessments

I am female. It happened in North America. Before 1970, 16 years old. My parents drove me to the exam. At a doctors office.A selected percentage of the children in my community.

PREPARATIONS AND ANESTHESIA:

They washed my body before the exam. I got a traditional enema before the exam to clean out my stomach. I was totally naked through all the procedures.

I had to strip totally naked before the exam. They placed me upon a simple examination table. They placed me upon something like a dentist's chair, but with devices to lift my legs onto. I was placed to lay on my back with my legs flexed up, spread and mounted upon two devices, on my stomach with my legs flexed down and spread, on my right side and my left side.

I got a blood pressure monitor wrapped around an arm or a toe. I got electrodes on my cheast. I got a tube or sond in through my anus. I did not get any anesthesia.

EXAMINATIONS AND TESTINGS WITH EXTERNAL METHODS:

I had to do some physical work, like cycling or running on a threadmill when an ECG and breathing analysis was performed. They took chest x-ray pictures. They used electrodes at my chest to record body functions. They used electrodes at my belly to record body functions. They examined my genitals with an ultrasound device. They had electrodes at my genitals to record functions in this area.

INTERNAL INSPECTIONS:

They ispected the inside of my nose with a scope.

They inspected the inside of my urethra and bladder with a scope. They took specimens from my urethra with a tube.

They used a speculum in my vagina. They took specimens from my vagina with a tube. They inspected my vagina with a scope.

They inspected my anus with a speculum. They took specimens from my anus with a tube. They inspected me through my anus with a rigid scope. They inspected me through my anus high up with a flexible scope. They performed a full colonoscopy with a flexible scope.

They inspected me through my vagina with an ultrasound probe. They inspected me through my anus with an ultrasound probe.

The doctor explored my vagina with a finger. The doctor explored my anus with a finger.

ARRANGEMENTS AFTER THE EXAM:

I had a tube going in through my anus. I lay with my legs in stirrups some time after the exam. I just lay some time in a bed to recover. I lay naked under a blanket after the exam.

THE SCHOOL I ATTENDED

I attended public boarding school.

COMMENTS:

This seem to be an account of a standardized examination that children undergo in selected communities and schools around the World where all body parts are examined and tested, and where radiographic imaging and inspections with endoscopes through the pelvic openings, nouse and throut are performed. It looks like all countries with a near political connection to USA and UK participate in the program and that a certain percentage of the young population undergo these exams.

This program has a long history, beginning in the 1950es and is still going on more widely than ever. This is an account from an early period of the program. Surveillance of kids in the population seems to be one main purpose of the program.

The procedure reported as a total colonoscopic inspection, was probably not so, because the optical flexible scopes were not in use in the period this took place. It could have been a tube inserted to take specimens in all the length of the colon, or a tube with inflatable parts to measure the mechanical reactions in the colon.