Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?

Extended well-child and well teen physicals

Boy, 13yo, exam arranged by Montessori school for thorrough development assessme

Posted by Aquila on 2017-03-15 22:45:38

Boy, 13yo, exam arranged by Montessori school for thorrough development assessment

I am male. It happened in North America, 1980-1989, 13 years old. I got no warning, just pulled from gym class. I got to the exam in a bus in group from our school, to the the regular medical facility of the school that were some distance away. Children living in in foster care homes or the like had the exam seemed to be selected for the exam.

PREPARATIONS AND ARRANGEMENTS:

I was totally naked through all the procedures. The staff took my clothes of some time before the anesthesia had made its effect. They placed me upon a simple examination table. I was placed to lay on my back with straight legs.

I got a device on a finger or a toe to measure pulse and oxygen in my blood. I got electrodes on my cheast. The anesthesia made me relaxed, but I was conscious.

EXAMINATION WITH EXTERNAL EQUIPMENT:

They performed an ECG, functional test of the heart function, with electrodes on my chest and other body areas. I had to do some physical work, like cycling or running on a threadmill when the ECG and breathing analysis was performed.

They used an ultrasound device or something similar to examin my head and neck, my upper body, my stomach area, my shoulder area, my hip area, and my legs and arms.

They took x-ray pictures of my chest and stomach.

They used electrodes at my chest to record body functions.",,,"

INTIMATE EXAM: They examined my genitals with an ultrasound device. The doctor explored my anus with a finger.

ARRANGEMENTS AFTER THE EXAM:

I lay with my legs in stirrups some time after the exam. I was left naked about an hour before anesthesia wore off.

THE SCHOOL I ATTENDED:

I went to a Montessori school.

COMMENTS

This seems to have been a thorough assessment of the bodily development. Montessori schools seem to be especially eager to perform such assesments in order to treat each child according to the development stage at any time.

Probably the ansethsia hindered him from remembering everything done. The fact that he lay with legs in stirrups in the recovery period seems to indicate that a larger procedure through the anus was done, probably a pelvic ultrasound and a sigmoidoscopy. Possibly they also inspected his bladder with a scope.

During the recovery they probably checked his urethra and rectum after the exam to be sure nothing was disturbed during the exam, and to empty rests of lubricating fluid or air before he went back.

Often kids get anesthesia that do not put them fully to sleep, but hinder them from remembering parts of the procedure.